Sunday, February 12, 2012

February Letters

Dear terrible horrible cold -
Please please go away and leave me alone!  I hate you.  You have been the worst cold I have ever ever had and I am DONE with you.  I am tired of having you in my chest, I am tired of having you in my ears, I am tired of having you in my nose.  Get out of my life.  And don't come back.  Thanks. 

Dear Dax and Cora -
Please cut me some slack!  I know you are tired of being cooped up in the house all week while it has been raining and I have been feeling gross, but do you really have to do THIS to the playroom while I am helping your sister with her homework?
If so, I guess you little partners-in-crime will get used to sitting together in toddler jail a.k.a time-out on the stairs:

At least you will have each other for company.


Dear Dax -
How did you get so smart?  Here is a conversation I had with Dax the other day at lunch:

Me:  What did you learn about in preschool today?
Dax: I wearn about the pres-dents.
Me:  Oh yes?  Like who?
Dax:  Wike George Washington. 
Me:  Very good!  He was a president!  Was did you learn about him?
Dax:  Not him!  George Washington is a girl!
Me:  No he wasn't! He was a boy!  Why do you think he's a girl?
Dax:  He has hair wike a girl and a bow in his hair wike a girl!  He's a girl!
Me:  Well, boys used to wear bows in their hair, but I promise he's a boy.  What else did you learn about him?
Dax:  He wears buckles on his shoes.  And buckles on his underwear.
Me:  Hmmm....I didn't know that.  Did you learn about any other presidents?
Dax:  Abraham Win-kin!  (Lincoln)
Me:  Wow!  He was a president too, you are so smart!  What did you learn about him.
Dax:  He watched a play.
Me:  Uh-oh.  Then what happened?
Dax:  He was a good guy, but when he watched a play a bad guy sneaked behind him and SHOT HIM!
Me:  That is true.  A very bad guy did that. 
Dax:  Yeah.  A bad guy SHOT him and he DIED.
Me:  That was very sad.  (wanting to change the subject away from shooting).  Who is the president now?
Dax.  Hmmmm (pulling his "thinking really hard" face).  I know!  ROCK OBAMA!

Dear Springtime:
Are you almost here?  Apparently the groundhogs of the world gave conflicting reports, but I sure hope you are right around the corner!!  I am getting kinda tired of the sky being grey and everything else being brownish-grey.  Who's with me?

Dear Arden -
How cute are you?  Even though you like to tease him sometimes, it melts my heart when you show show your little brother how much you love him.  Like the other day when we were making the most of a grey, grey day by coloring the driveway with chalk, and you drew a dinosaur for Dax and then wrote "ARDEN LOVZ DAX" at the top.  

Dear Cadbury Mini Eggs -
What the heck are you doing in the store ALREADY?  Easter is still like TWO MONTHS AWAY.  I saw you from a distance this week and ran away as fast as I could...but I hear your siren song calling me back.  I know I won't have the strength to be able to resist you for long, as you seem to have some special power over me.  You evil, wonderful things.   

3 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

I don't know how kids are so smart these days but I'm confident I didn't know about Lincoln's assassination until I was at least ten. Also, the mini eggs are gonna KILL me! :)

Leslie said...

Love this post!!! As for the mini Eggs what the FREAK!!! I promise myself that I won't get one until the end of March

Diane said...

Your brilliant children take after their Mom. (or is it their Grandma?)