Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lovz

Arden is now 3/4 of the way through kindergarten.  She wasn't so sure she liked it the first few days, but after that it has pretty much been a smooth ride.  She really likes her teacher, and the feeling seems to be mutual based on the last report card.  I am so glad that Arden loves school and that she is doing so well.  She is starting to read better and better, and I think I mentioned before, but she tries to write things herself now.  She spells all sorts of things wrong, but they make me smile.   

The other day she drew a picture for Cora and wrote "Cora is luvle" (Cora is lovely).  How cute is that?  She also draws lots of these little things (see below) for everyone.  She always spells loves as "LOVZ."  

I can't bear to correct her. 

She is such a sweetheart and I am so lucky to have her!  I will have to keep a few of these little love notes and pull them out when she is 14 years old and hates me.  :-)  For now I am enjoying having my little girl who is still is so free with her hugs and loves nothing more than to sit on my lap and have me pet her head while we read a book or watch TV.  And every morning as she leaves for kindergarten, she tells us all she loves us.  She usually waits for the very last second before she closes the door, and she always says the same thing.  Here it is:
 
"LOVEYOUCORALOVEYOUDAXLOVEYOUMOMSEEYOUAFTERSCHOOL!"

And then she blows me a kiss, and runs off.

I am already dreading first grade.  How will I stand having her gone all day?

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Don't ever correct her ever! Those love notes are more precious than anything!

Diane said...

Aw-w-w-w. The way kids text and stuff these days, spelling is going out the window anyhow. Maybe she won't have to change!