They just keep coming! The birthdays, I mean. Didn't we just do this? Seems like not too long ago I was telling you how Arden was turning five, and I turn around and now she is SIX? What the wha? Anyway, to Arden, her birthday is all about having a few of her friends over for a party. This year, she wanted to have a unicorn party. Here is her cake with the party favors that her little girl friends (and Cora) got to keep for coming to the party:
The only problem with having a unicorn party is that Arden invited a bunch of boys to the party. Considering that the boys wouldn't be all too excited to be going home with a fluffy pink and purple unicorn, I found these little dragons. Dragons, unicorns, both magical and mythical, right? Dax got one too, and he LOVES it. It roars. Nuff said.
On the night before Arden's birthday, I always read her the little story I wrote her about the night she was born. I can't believe it has really been so long since that night! After the kids were all in bed, I decorated the house with some crepe paper and balloons, and we were all set to go!
Here is our birthday girl, headed off to kindergarten with a little puzzle for the kids in her class. You can't really tell from the picture, but she is so dang excited to FINALLY be six.
And here is Arden right after she got home from kindergarten. She got to wear the birthday crown all day, and she got to be the "VIP" since the kid whose week it was to be VIP was absent that day. She got a birthday rubber ducky and a balloon, and she was in 7th heaven.
Finally the party started. First up was pizza:
After that we played a couple of games, and then headed downstairs for the pinata. Arden loves unicorns so much she chose one for the pinata. Then to show her love, she tried to beat it to death until its candy guts spilled out:
Next was PRESENTS! We played a little game to make that part last a little longer.
Arden finally got the pillow pet she has been wanting for months and months.
Finally, it was time for CAKE. I got some "sparkler" candles that threw out the occasional sparkly flame (I was a little underwhelmed by their sparkliness). Arden, her friend A and Cora all look a little confused as to what exactly is going on.
Here is a smile though (no, I did not make the cake...but I bought it myself).
Make a wish!
After another game or two, the party was over. Phew! Here is Arden posing for her annual bunny picture. I remember when that bunny was bigger than she was! *sniff* *sniff*
After the little kids took a "nap" (and I use that term VERY loosely), Arden wanted to go see the Lorax. Since she shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss, it sounded like a plan! The kids were so good in the movie! They hardly made a peep. They were so good, I actually dozed off once or twice (but in my defense, it was dark. And warm.) I love Cora's cheesy smile in this picture.
For our last birthday activity, we headed out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Zaugg. Arden had only taken a couple of bites when ANOTHER one of her teeth fell out! Now she has matching holes on the bottom of her smile:Here are a few things about Arden the six year old:
Favorite color: Red! (same as last year)
Favorite breakfast: Special K with Strawberries
Favorite lunch: Chicken nuggets. The dinosaur shaped ones.
Favorite dinner: Taco soup.
Favorite movie: Dolphin Tale.
Favorite thing to do: Play with my friends! And my brother and sister.
Favorite Song: The Oh-Oh-OH! Song. (which means: Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae)
Favorite Animal: Unicorns because I love unicorns.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Mommy!
What would you buy if you had a million dollars? Food, cookie mix, a necklace, and blankets.
What is your favorite treat? Chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies!
What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? Playing with my friends and driving to the store.
What is your favorite toy? My new doggie with the stethoscope. (she got a stuffed animal dog with her birthday money that included a bunch of veterinarian tools like a stethoscope, thermometer, even a prescription pad.)
Arden is growing up into such a sweet and beautiful girl! She is (mostly) a great big sister, and Cora is starting to copy everything she sees Arden do, which can be scary. Arden steps in a puddle, Cora steps in a puddle. Arden jumps off some steps, Cora runs to the edge of the steps (her mommy's heart stops)...but then Cora wisely goes down a couple more steps before she jumps (Phew!). Arden loves to eat at restaurants, especially ones with playlands. One of Arden's favorite things is to have someone brush or pet her hair. Her favorite lullaby is "Evermore." She really does love having her friends over, and asked me yesterday morning at 7:15 a.m. if I could call one of her friends to see if they could play. And she is already thinking about how long it will be until she turns SEVEN. Yikes.








4 comments:
I am gonna cry when the boys are giant compared to their beloved stuffed dog. Why they gotta go and get all big on us? She is six? How?
What a lucky girl to have such a busy, wonderful birthday.
Happy Birthday Arden! Looks like you put together a super fun birthday.
Happy Birthday! Aeva is looking forward to turning 5 in July...she has a bit of a wait. Glad you had so much fun.
Post a Comment