Okay, so it is his first day of 4-year-old preschool. He was so dang excited that he could FINALLY go back and play with Miss Sue (and her dinosaur toys). He had his eyes on the door, literally. I couldn't get him to look at me:
Do you like his shark shirt? It is supposed to represent how hungry he is for the learnin'! (Or maybe it is just because he likes sharks. Especially ones with big teeth. They are a distant second to dinosaurs).
Here is another supermodel pose, and this time he is actually looking in my general direction!
Here is my boy ready to head in for the first day of his last year of preschool!
He is doing better this year on at least making attempts at writing his letters. He knows all the letters and their sounds, but he just doesn't want to take the time to sit down and actually write them out. He is getting better though! This time next year, he will be a kindergartner! And I will cry some more! Hooray! I am so proud of my handsome little man, who isn't so little anymore. He is within an inch of being as tall as Arden. Speaking of which....
Update on Arden: She is doing much better; with first grade! Yesterday she smiled and waved and blew me a kiss as she ran to her class line, instead of wiping away the tears. She looked just as happy as when she used to run off to kindergarten last year. That was HUGE weight off my shoulders! It made me sooooo glad to see her little blue backpack bopping happily to join her classmates. *Phew!*
Today, Arden woke up early and barfed twice before breakfast, so I told her she had to stay home from school. She started feeling better around 9:00 a.m. (school starts at 8:45) and was dancing around her room by 10:00 a.m. The only side effect from her 90-minute stomach bug that I could detect for the rest of the day was an extra dose of grouchiness. She was running around fighting with the other kids all day. I was missing First Grade! My, what a difference a week (and a very grouchy 6-year-old) can make.



2 comments:
Some day we will get together and talk in person about our boys. I must compare notes as some days I feel that my little men are literally sharks and others they are marshmellows. Oui.
Anyway - he is too dang handsome! Watch YOUR back, Jack!
I'm sure Miss Sue LOVES your boy. Who wouldn't? Hopefully Dax and his buddy N will gradually learn not to wrestle each other during pre-school.
Post a Comment