Friday, September 21, 2012

Soccer...Football...Whatever...

Another soccer season is upon us!  This year Dax's team color is neon orange.  I kind of like it, because it sure makes his team easy to find.  Their name is the NINJA TIGERS.  How awesome of a team name is that?  So, so awesome!
 
Dax has had two games so far.  He has done a LOT of smiling:
 A fair bit of ball kicking:
I am not sure exactly what he is doing in this picture....
 And, true to form, there has been a little bit of tackling:
I think he took two kids down with this single tackle (if you look closely, there is a kid behind him AND another poor kid directly underneath my boy. 

Sorry kids.  Especially the kid underneath. 

So, sorry, mom of that kid.

I have talked to Dax A LOT about how there is no tackling in soccer.  Only kicking.

I tell him he has to wait until he is 8 years old before he can play football, but if he can just hold on for 4 more years, he can tackle people and instead of yelling for him to stop, I will cheer and tell him good job (assuming, of course, he is tackling someone on the other team.  Because right now he is kind of indiscriminate in who he tackles.  Either team works for him).  Heaven knows this kid needs an acceptable outlet for his tackling urges. 

I hope all my talking is working.  There was a lot less tackling in the second game than there was in the first game, so hopefully the pattern will continue.

Dax is LOVING soccer though.  A great big smile is plastered on his face thorugh most of the game.  He charges around the field with huge, leaping strides.  Sometimes even in the direction of the ball!  His coach is so awesome and understanding.  At the end of the last game, coach said something like, "If we could only harness all of that energy into the soccer ball, there wouldn't be a goal that could stop it!"  Yeah.  Tell me about it.  If I could only harness all of the energy that my boy has, he could clean the house for me.  Heck, he could BUILD me a new house.   If we could harness all the energy that boy has, he could singlehandedly provide power to the city for weeks at a time.

In the meantime, I will just be hoping for a little more ball kicking, and a little less tackling.  But still a lot of smiling!

Go NINJA TIGERS!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh my goodness does this sound oh so familiar. It Is incredible the tirelessness that is little boys. But those pictures are making me seriously lol. What a study little ninja tiger. ;)

Diane said...

Go little Ninja Tigers! Learning when (and when not) to kick the ball is a big deal. I think most of them will get it by the time they are 6.