Dear Spring -
Where have you been all my life? Thank you, thank you for finally beating winter into submission. I am sure it was hard because that was one coooold, meeeean, seemingly eeeeendless winter. But Spring? You are a sight for sore eyes. You are dazzling. Those blue skies you were rockin' today? Fab-u-lous! I wanted to do a dance of joy when I saw that first crocus bloom a few days ago. It was like a little purple miracle.
Cora and I were so excited to see you today that we had ourselves a little lunchtime pic-a-nic in the front yard. The deer have left us a lots of little presents over the winter, so it was hard to find a good place to put down our blanket, but we found one eventually. Cora's little winter-accustomed eyes could barely stand to behold your gloriousness:
We dined sumptuously on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Cora is not used to bugs anymore, and would have a small freakout each time a fly would buzz by, convinced that it meant to eat her whole. Other than that, we just basked in your glow. Unfortunately for Cora, after basking in your glow most of the afternoon (we ate, we walked, we played, we did yard work, we played some more) Cora's little nose and cheeks are also glowing a little. I guess it is time for mom to get back into the sunscreen-every-morning routine. It is a small price to pay to have you back in our lives, spring.
I am so happy to see you, I dont' even mind the weeds that are already showing up (well, not much anyway). I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.
2 comments:
MEEEEE TOOOOOO!!! I, however, don't have cute little deer turds in my lawn, NOPE, I have dog piles. Jealous much? Didn't think so. Happy shoveling!!
I'm with you. My crocus are yellow!
Post a Comment