Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Stuff Without Pictures

Guys, I have lost my camera.  I keep thinking it is going to turn up, but it has been a few weeks and there has been no sign of it.  No pictures makes for boring blog posts, so I apologize.  (Have you seen my camera?  My phone takes crappy pictures!)

The kids have been out of school for a couple of weeks now.  We have done swimming lessons, seen Monsters University, gone to the pool, played on the Slip n' Slide, eaten lots of Popsicles and shaved ice, run through the sprinklers, had sleepovers in the living room, and made a return trip to Antelope island.  The ONLY visual evidence I have of any of these things a couple of not-so-good phone pictures of the kids at Buffalo Point:


Buffalo Point is beautiful, by the way.  The water was so blue last Friday as we were climbing up there, it almost felt like we were on an island in the ocean instead of the stinky lake.  My dad was nice enough to come with us, and having Grandpa around always makes things much more fun for the kids than just hanging out with mean old mom.  The kids had lots of fun scrambling over all the rocks up there and it was a beautiful, not-too-hot day.  Dax kept yelling "I am the king of the world!" every time he got on top of a rock.  I have no idea where he got that line, I am pretty sure the kid has never seen Titanic. 

Besides the hike, we ate lunch at the Buffalo Grill (where you can eat actual Buffalo Burgers made from buffalos), drove over to the ranch and petted some horses, and visited the beach (I won't tell you about how many brine flies there were down by the beach...but I will tell you that Dax and me discovered a new phenomenon known as a "bug wave," which is created by running down the beach and scaring all the bugs which in turn scare the bugs in front of them so that the wave of scared bugs continues on down the beach even after you stop running.  Fascinating and pretty gross.)

Well, without pictures that is about all I got.  Oh, I did find Arden's scary stories from our campout.  They are too wrinkled up to scan, unfortunately.  Here are a couple of them (see if you can decipher the Arden-speak):

"Onts ther was a dark dark cave.  Ther were three kids in the cave but ther was a bair!  The bair ate the kids, and for THES DAY if you go into the woods you get eten!"  (this story was accompanied by a picture of three kids next to a great big bear with sharp teeth.  The bear is saying, "I am going to eat you."  One of the kids is saying, "I am scard."

Another one went like this:  "Onts ther was a gost who came to the town.  The gost said were is Cora and Dax?  The velegers said At that big hause.  Thank you the gost said and the gost ate Cora and Dax!"  This one has a picture of a big house with four windows, and right outside is a ghost with a big smile on its face.  Awesome.

This morning Arden and Cora surprised me by bringing me breakfast in bed (it was a bowl of slightly soggy Special K and a piece of taffy).  Next to my bowl was a picture Arden drew of her and me, and a note that says:

"Dear Mom
I hope you had a good sleep.  I made this for you.  You been geving us brecfus for a long time.  So here is my gift to you.  I Love You!" 

Say it with me.  Awwwwwww.

Arden and Cora decided to bring some soggy Special K up for Preston, Dax and themselves so EVERYONE could have breakfast in bed...my bed.  I was so warm and fuzzy from the note that I was only the teeny tiniest bit annoyed when inevitably someone (Cora) spilled their cereal all over my bed. 

Its the thought that counts. :-)

Can you believe June has almost flown by?  Slow down, summer!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

They are too darn cute for their own good - Breakfast in bed? Holy Angelic.

Now - guess it's time for you to get a new camera.... Costco here you come!