Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Preschool Graduation (One for the Summer, One FOREVER)

So, I know you think I am a great big slacker on the blog as of late.  And you would be correct.  I do have an excuse...my hard drive imploded, exploded, did a somersault and then laid down and died.  I just got my new hard drive installed and all my programs reloaded, but it took a week or two.  But I am back now and I will try my bestest to get back to my old, diligently blogging whether you want me to or not self.

Anyhoo...first up is preschool graduation!  Cora graduated from 3-year-old preschool to 4-year-old preschool, and my little Dax graduated from 4-year-old preschool and never again to preschool will he return :-( 

Here is my no-longer-a-preschooler boy, happy in his green graduation hat.  (Sorry, he has a disease.  He can either be smiling, or looking at the camera, but not both.  This one you get a smile).
And here is my bee-you-tee-ful Cora, looking so grown up. 

*sniff* *sniff* 

(Have I mentioned how I kind of dread this time of year?  All my kids have their birthdays in the spring and then there are all these graduations and there is just reminder after reminder that my kids are growing up way way way way way way way too fast)
The kids put on a little program, singing a bunch of the songs they have learned throughout the year.  We took video, but I am far too lazy to find the cable so you will just have to imagine the cuteness.  I am not sure which song they were singing when I took this picture, but they were super excited about it (Cora is front and center, Dax is top right):
After the singing, we got to learn a little bit about each kid as they were presented with their diplomas.  Here were Dax and Cora's little blurbs:

Dax:  Daxton loves pepperoni and cheese pizza, bacon, apples, hamburgers, juice and milk.  His favorite colors are green, blue and orange.  At school he loves to play with all the boys AND Keira and Mira.  He loves treasure time and snack time.  He wants to be a policeman when he grows up.  (I asked him about the policeman thing because I have never heard that one before.  He has told me he wants to be a paleontologist, a pilot, a fireman, and an astronomer, but never a policeman.  He told me he said that because that is what his friend Eli said.  Oh.)

Cora:  Cora loves steak, jelly beans, bananas, pepperoni pizza, gum, milk and Sprite.  Her favorite colors are pink, blue and purple.  At school she loves to be the helper on the helper chart, and also loves coloring and treasure time.  When she grows up she wants to be a mom with 4 kids.  She also wants to be princess Ariel. 

After the program, we snuck in a picture with Miss Sue.  Dax is sure going to miss seeing her so often.  She has taught him so much and will always hold a special place in his heart.  They graduated next week and he has already asked if he can go to Sue's house "just for a playdate, not for preschool."  He makes me laugh.   
(in this pictue, you will notice, Dax is looking at the camera, but whatever that thing is on his face, I am pretty sure I wouldn't call it a smile).

I am glad the kids had such a fun year this year in preschool.  I can't believe I have only one more year of preschool left in my mommy-life!  Booooo! 

I am so proud of my little preschool graduates.  They have grown up and learned so much this year.  Thanks Miss Sue!

3 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Guy wrenching is what I call preschool graduations. A tiny part glee to a million parts sadness. And birthdays on top of that? I am sooooo sorry! ;). But they are darling little graduates dontcha think?

Ryan and Amber said...

And that was of course supposed to say gut wrenching. ;). Autocorrect I hate u

Diane said...

Awwww. What a great Mommy these little grads have!