Okay, so I got the pictures from my sister Val's wedding back! Here is fair warning. There are WAY too many pictures in this post for anyone but me to ever look at.
My brother and his family came into town the night before the wedding. They tagged along to a couple of soccer games Saturday morning, then we had a big brunchy/lunchy kind of thing with Val and a bunch of our family. Preston made his famous French toast and we all had a good time. Before we knew it, it was time to get ready to head to the wedding! Arden and Cora were flower girls along with their cousin Brynn and Dax was the ring bearer, so I wanted them all look good! It took me a lot longer than I thought to primp and curl and gel and tie and button all the kids to within an inch of their little lives, but they looked so cute all dressed up. They drove over with my parents as I tried to throw myself together. When I got there, I found the flower girls "helping" Val get ready. Awww!
They loved the fact that they had access to the Bride's Room, while all of the boy cousins had to stay out. The little girlies were all sitting on the stairs looking cute, but when the photographer tried to get a shot, Cora got shy and ran off. I tried to coax her back on the stairs, but she wouldn't sit without me there. Oh well.
Eventually, it was time for the big show to start. Have I mentioned that Dax was the ring bearer. Dax ADORES Val and was so excited to help her out. He told me he knew exactly what to do since he had seen "Tangled Ever After," which is a Disney short about Rapunzel and Flynn Rider's wedding day. In the show, Maximus, the horse, is the ring bearer, and walks proudly up the aisle with the rings on the pillow. (After he makes it to the alter, he sneezes and the rings fall off the pillow, roll out the door, and Maximus and his little lizard friend chase them all over the kingdom. Chaos ensues. I was hoping that Dax was referring to the walking proudly up the aisle part, and not the chaos part. But you never know with Dax.)
My boy was also supposed to stand next to the best man all during the ceremony. I was juuuuust a little worried about how he would manage to hold his wiggly self still for the 15 minutes. I had absolutely no idea what would happen.
I walked myself down the aisle and then turned around to see this. I so almost melted into a big puddle of mommy slush.
Dax cheesed this awesome smile all the way up the aisle. Best ring bearer EVER.
Right after I got finished gathering my slushy knees up off the floor, here comes another wave of adorable to knock me right back over. How excited is Cora to be spreading those flower petals? So excited!
Next came Val! She walked down the aisle to a fancy string instrumental version of "Sweet Child O'Mine." I kid you not. I found this out at the rehearsal dinner so I was prepared. At that moment when Val started walking down the aisle and everyone was turned around watching her start to come up the aisle, I busted out a short Axl Rose shuffle. I had warned my other sister Amanda that I was going to do it, so she saw it but I don't think anyone else did. Except maybe Val and my dad. Sorry Val, I couldn't hold it in.
The ceremony started and the kids were hanging in there. Dax is pondering the meaning of the universe or admiring the shininess of the rings or something. The point is that is he not roaring like a dinosaur or trying to tackle the best man. Score!The girls did pretty good, as I knew they would. Plus, they were within my arms reach in case of emergency.
Still doing great! I can't remember the name of the judge who performed the ceremony, but he did a really good job and was pretty entertaining.
Dax finally got to hand over the rings. By this time, Cora was tired of standing up and had taken a seat so she could be more comfortable and see things better. I got her back up after a minute.
Dax was being so careful with the rings. My knees are melting again!Unfortunately, after the rings were safely on the bride and grooms, Dax felt a little less pressure and decided that he might take a seat too. I shot him a "look" and he stood back up. Good boy!
Aha! We did it! I mean, of course, Val and Josh did are married! But I must admit that I am nearly as happy about the fact that that there were no major kid-related fiascoes during the ceremony! Hooray all around!
After the ceremony we headed outside for more pictures!
Here is the one where we all look impressed with Val's ring. Are we good or what?
And here is the whole famdamily!
What a beautiful married couple. My baby sister is a Mrs.!
Next on the agenda was dinner! The kids decided they wanted their own "kids-only" table. Sounds good to me! The biggest problem with the arrangement is that the kids table was right next to the self-serve punch container. Dax apparently loves punch. That kid drank about 17 glasses by the time dinner was served.
After dinner was cake cutting! I love it when the bride and groom feed each other the cake so nice and sweetly. I don't like to see cake coming out of people's noses at their weddings. That is just me.
Then...dancing! Bride and groom:
Bride and Dad:
Now everybody! Dax agreed to dance with me, but according to Dax, "dance" means "jump around like crazy and try to pull mom off her stilettos." Preston had it much easier. Say it with me. Awwwwwww! Gotta save this picture for Cora's wedding (*sniff* *sniff*).
The other flower girls were partners for each other!
Grandma and Grandpa are showing off now:
After a few dances, it was time to throw the bouquet. Here is Arden and Brynn diving for the prize. Brynn won but Arden ended up with a few torn flowers clutched in her fist.
Next was the garter throw. Guess who won?
(Notice how red his face is? It takes a lot of effort to jump around like crazy and try to pull mom off her stilettos! Then he ran outside to play tag. Weddings are strenuous!)
Soon the night was coming to an end. We all got to hold sparklers which was partly fun and partly terrifying. (Please don't sword fight with your sparklers! Please don't set your hair on fire! I put so much hair spray on it that it would go up like lighter fluid! You get the idea...)
Bye Val! Bye Josh! Congratulations!Are you still reading? Congratulations to you too!
2 comments:
You look gorgeous! As does the bride but seriously... Dax STOLE the show! What a stud!
Well written. Can you go over to MY blog and do it for me?
Post a Comment