Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summery Random Thoughts

I keep thinking I am going to blog about this fun thing we did and blog about that thing that happened, but somehow the days keep sliding by and nothing is gettin' blogged.  Anyone out there volunteer to be my personal blogger?  I will pay you in dirty Diet Cokes because I just got restocked on my sugar free coconut syrup...any takers?

In the meantime, here is a mostly-pictures catch-up blog.  This picture is of Arden at our ward camp out up at North Fork Canyon.  Beautiful girl, beautiful sunset.  One of our cool neighbors brought his guitar and played it next to the campfire at night...I want to learn the guitar someday....
Here is Arden and her friend A the next day...they had so much fun running around together, and even discovered a beaver dam!  A got her shoes wet during this discovery and Arden loaned her one of her flip flops so for a while they each had one flip and one bare foot.  By the time I got my camera, they just had one flip from Arden and one Flop of A's on their feet:
 We took a trip up to Bear Lake!  Arden is hamming it up for the camera, and Grandma is helping Cora swim:
 We took the waverunners out, and you can see from this picture that we weren't the only ones who had the "let's go to the beach" idea.  It was crazy crowded, but we had fun watching the people next to us try to paddleboard.  I want to learn to paddleboard someday....
And here is the boy getting ready to go.  Remember how he loves to go on superfast roller coasters?  Yeah, he doesn't like to go fast on the waverunners for some reason.  The girls like to go pretty fast, but the boy likes to keep it low and slow.  Go figure.
 We went to This is the Place for my work party.  A butterfly landed on Cora's face:
 Dax was excited to ride a horse!
 Everyone was excited to eat free ice cream!
 There have been tons of wildfires burning around here since it hasn't rained a drop in weeks and weeks and weeks.  It isn't so bad now, but it was really smoky outside the last couple weeks.  The sunlight was so red it was almost like we were living on another planet, like Mars:
It made for pretty sunsets though.  The girls were in a posing mood:
We busted out the slip n slide the other day.  Hours of entertainment...not only for us but for all the construction workers building the house across the street too I imagine.  Oh well.  Cora was having lots of fun going down the hill:
Yup, Arden can even do a supermodel pose while going down a slip n slide:
 But where is Dax in all this?  Trying to get a drink from the little jets of water that shoot up on the side of the slide, of course:
 And here is my cute little Cora, all snuggled up in the towel:
I can't believe that summer is coming to an end already!  School starts next week.  I am so NOT looking forward to rushed mornings and homework nights.  Can I please just have one more month???

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Reporting to mars for duty as your personal blogger. I am a slave to dirty diet cokes. Love those sista shots. They r so cute!