Last weekend was the first weekend we got to spend at the new cabin at Bear Lake! How excited are we? So, so sooooooo excited! It was very cold and cloudy as we drove up, so I was a little worried that we might be stuck inside all weekend. I had come prepared with games and crafts and movies, but I was really hoping to play outside most of the time.
Saturday morning dawned kind of gray, but by the time my dad and I were finished with our morning run, it had turned into a beautiful day! I am talking one of those perfect, crystal clear, crisp fall kind of days.
Here is Dax on the deck, and hey look, there is the lake! I love Bear Lake, it is such a pretty color on sunny days.
After breakfast and a shower and a few games of hide and seek, we all decided to go on a hike. Why? This is why:
Have I told you how much I LOOOOVE the fall colors? I cannot tell you. I could just look at this kind of stuff All. Day. Long. I mean seriously.
Red is my favorite:L
But I like orange too!
Arden coming down the trail:
Here is a rare picture of Cora actually walking. She had grandpa carrying her most of the way.
Up really high were some crazy yellow quakies, but no one wanted to go that high except me. Oh well. They are pretty from a distance too:
After the hike we went to the park in Garden City. The kids all ran to this rope climbing thing and pretended they were American Ninja Warriors:
Preston got in on the action too.
Then we walked down the boardwalk to the water:
Cora took off her shoes and socks and chased some seagulls around in the shallows. I love this picture:After that we got mandatory shakes at LaBeaus, and then headed back to the cabin. We watched movies and did some crafty stuff and Arden played Battleship with anyone who would play with her. I went on the deck to read for a bit and saw a mother deer with her two kids.
I didn't feel very well the next day (understatement), so I didn't get a picture of the big bull moose that wandered through our yard. I promise next time I will do better.
Can't wait to go back!



1 comment:
I hereby volunteer myself as your year round cabin caretaker. I'm dirt cheap. You can afford me. Promise! It is GORGEOUS! And I too am a fall leaf lover... from waaayyyyy back!
Post a Comment