Friday, March 14, 2014

Springing Forward

Even though the calendar still says its winter, it seems like, for once, spring has sprung just a little early!!  (I know that I totally and completely jinxed spring just now. Now you have someone to blame when it snows all through April and into May.  Sorry!!!  To make up for it I will promise not to put all of the snow gear away until June because last year, the day after I deemed it safe to put the snow gear away...it snowed.  So maybe if my entryway is cluttered with boots and snow pants on hooks, the snow will stay away despite the huge jinx above.  I'm rambling....aren't I....anyways.....)

But LOOK guys!  Crocuses!

Crocuses seem like the most stunningly beautiful flowers ever, don't they?  They are smart to be the first ones up each spring because if you think about it, they are actually kind of short little stubby things.  If they came up in June, they would probably be overshadowed by the roses and daisies and other flashier, taller flowers.  But smart little flowers that they are, they poke their little purple and yellow heads up before any other flower, and after a long, gray winter, my eyes are dazzled and I bow down in amazement at their impossible beauty.  I love them.

Speaking of beautiful things that I love, here is a picture of Cora and one of her butterflies.  Cora loves to draw butterflies, and I wish I could keep them all in a Mason jar.  They are all just so dang cute and so dang happy and just so...Cora.  Adorable.
 Can you believe that my littlest baby is almost five?  She is one month away and is counting down the days.  She can't wait to be five, so she can be "Just as big as Dax."  Sorry babe, you might be the same age as Dax, but you are never, ever EVER going to be as big as Dax.  Maybe if you climb a tree:
So this week has been spring forward week.  I never much minded the whole "spring forward" thing until I had kids.  Kids just don't get it, and we have spent all week trying to recover from that one lost hour.  I can't seem to convince the kids that it really, truly is bedtime even though it isn't pitch black dark outside.  And another hard time trying to convince them that it really, truly is time to GET UP even though the sun is still sleeping.  But lucky for me, at the end of this rough week is 3-14...otherwise known as Pi Day.  Where you have to eat PIE.  I am going to go get a slice of this little beauty that I just pulled out of the oven:
If it snows in May, come on over and I will bake you a pie to make up for jinxing Spring.  

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a pretty pie! And Cora is cute, too.

Ryan and Amber said...

Um - the sidewalk butterflies are making me smile all the way down here! LOVE THEM!
And here is our tip for Disney hotels... we are Marriott people from WAY back and Ry had a couple of free nights to use so we booked the Courtyard Marriott and got upgraded to a kid suite! BUNK BEDS and a pull out bed ALL IN A SEPARATE ROOM! I almost died of happiness and so did they. SO nice. Now get your heiny over to Cali!