So, it happened again. My oldest baby got older again. Good thing that she is the only one who keeps doing that, right? ;-)
As mentioned in a previous post, Arden decided months ago that she wanted to have a "Frozen" party for her birthday, with a "Frozen" birthday cake. I went to where every red-blooded American mom heads when she has to come up with some party ideas. Pinterest!
I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love looking at the creative stuff that everyone has come up with, and I love that other people have such great ideas so that I don't have to come up with any myself! I hate it that the things I copy from Pinterest don't usually look quite as good as the pictures. I also hate it that I never get around to actually attempting to make most of the things I pin. :-) I found an idea for a Frozen cake with "ice" candy. Didn't look too hard. I was worried for a bit because Target was all sold out of small Frozen toys that would fit on a cake. Lucky for me, I tracked down some down on the inter-webs, because there was no way I was going to be able to create an Elsa from frosting or fondant. Here is the finished product...ta-da!
We also had jello "ice cubes" (also found on Pinterest but not pictured), which were totally easy and a big hit. But for lunch, we went with good ol' pizza. Another break for us is that Frozen was released digitally the week before Arden's party, so our main entertainment was just watching the movie! The girls also tied together some fleece pillows (not pictured...I know, I stink).Make a wish!
Arden let Dax keep the Olaf figure. Dax only wanted ice cream, and it was vanilla. Dax quickly noticed that it looked like snow, and soon Olaf was standing in his bowl:
After the party, Arden got to choose a place for dinner. She chose Texas Roadhouse (a.k.a. "the Rolls Place") and my parents, MandaMatt, and Val and Josh came up to help us celebrate. Arden was just a little excited to have everyone come up for her birthday dinner:
Arden's birthday was actually on a Sunday, so we didn't do much except go to church. Later in the day, Preston's mom came up and the kids all snuggled in to watch Frozen again (what a pretty Grandma):
I almost totally forgot to get Arden to pose for some traditional "bunny" pictures until just before bedtime, and her hair was a little messy by then, but oh well. Maybe I will get some better ones later, but for now here they are:
Favorite color: Red
Favorite breakfast: Chocolate Mini-Wheats
Favorite lunch: Pizza crunchers at school lunch!
Favorite dinner: Salmon
Favorite movie: Frozen (duh!)
Favorite thing to do: Play with friends
Favorite song: "Let It Go" from Frozen
Favorite animal: Cheetah
What she wants to be when she grows up: A mom
What would you buy if you had a million dollars: My own TV and movies to watch on it.
Favorite treat: Cake
What will you be doing in 10 years: driving and going to High School! (gaaah!)
Happy Birthday my sweet Arden!


1 comment:
Hello genius cake maker! I am SOooo impressed. Further - I just want you to keep posting the birthday party deets because I'll just keep duplicating (in a more manly way of course) And just to make you get all emotional - Arden's Christmas picture in the Santa hat is still one of my favorites and how I will ALWAYS remember her! Tears...
Post a Comment