Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The PARK!

Guys...

We went to the park.  In February.  And it was UH-MAZ-ING.

Are you not loving the weather these last few days?  Sixty degrees is feeling like heaven on earth.  I even saw some brave little crocus leaves trying to come up.  I know that this springtime weather can't last, but I have to say that I wish it could.  This girl has spring fever baaaaaad.

So does this little girl! (in my defense...this was a Sunday afternoon.  On Sundays, I make the kids get dressed up all nice and (somewhat) put together for church, so they feel the need to rebel when they get home.  Cora put on a very, um....colorful outfit when she changed out of her church dress.  She was given only a slight eye roll by me.)

It was so nice to bust out the bikes and ride around the park.  Dax, in pure Dax style, ran up to the first little boy between the ages of 3 and 9 he could find and immediately informed said boy that his name was Dax and he was going to be his best friend for the next hour or two.  They were spinning the merry-go-round until I was sure Dax was going to lose his lunch, but all was well.  He didn't spend much time on his bike. but the girls rode around the track quite a few times, being silly.

Her helmet says it all, folks:
 I couldn't keep up with Arden, she is FAST!  Her ponytail was a-flyin':
 She would get going a zillion miles an hour, head straight at me pulling a face (See below), and then stop at the last possible minute.


I gotta admit that I had forgotten just how nice it was to spend a sunny afternoon hanging out at the park, soaking up some sun.  I know that by September or October the park probably won't be such a thrill for the kids or for me, but right now it is pure awesomeness. :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Amen, Amen! Preach, Holla. All that. I can't even stand the thought of more snow. Except that it might mean healthy full lakes to cruise in this summer. FINE!