I am talking off-the-charts AMAZINGLY adorable?
I don't mean a simple, "I love you," or "You are so beautiful," (which, let's face it, are both pretty darn great and something that we could all stand to hear a few times each day), but something really, truly breathtakingly, heartbreaklingly, STUNNINGLY beautiful?
Something on the level of a Shakespeare sonnet:
"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love."
I had one of those magical moments the other day.
This boy:
(He loves his Cinnamon Burst slice, that one.)
The other day, he turned to me, looked me in the eyes, and said,
"Mom, I love you more than Star Wars."
I know, right?!? I almost fell out of my chair.
For Dax, this is the ultimate love in the whole...well...galaxy. "More than Star Wars" is pretty much the highest compliment the kid can currently give. Lately, Dax can be found doing at least one of the following things pretty much all of his waking hours:
- Playing "Star Wars Angry Birds," on whatever electronic device he can get his hands on (or begging to have an electronic device),
- Watching one of the Star Wars movies (or begging to watch one),
- Playing with his "Star Wars guys," especially "Dark Vader" (who has to use a long red Lego for a light saber since he lost the real one),
- Reading a book about Star Wars, and/or
- Humming various Star Wars theme songs.
So, WOW. I am one lucky girl. I think I should cross stitch that one on a pillow or something. :-)
I hope you all have a fabulous Valentines Day!
I will leave you with one picture from the snowstorm we had last week (that is all melted now). Here is what Cora and I did after shoveling the driveway:
Sometimes being a mom is kinda great.
2 comments:
AWESOME!!!!
I'm not gonna lie to you - the things that little men say to their mamas just BOWLS ME OVER in the best possible way. You nailed it - being a mom is pretty rad sometimes. And as (maybe) Yoda would say, "Lucky girls, we are." :)
Post a Comment