For the past few years, I have been lucky enough to go on a beach vacation in the late winter/early spring timetable. It was so nice to have a trip to look forward to, and really helped to get me through the gray, yucky, days where I am just tired of winter. Well, it is that time again! It is the time of the year where I just need to get myself some Vitamin Sea! What do you say, Cora?
Are you with me Dax!?!?
Unfortunately, this year we are sadly lacking in the fundage and/or SkyMiles required to get me to an actual warm beach.
*sigh*
When Cora came down the stairs the other day in her swim suit saying she wanted to go to the beach, I knew EXACTLY how she felt. Oh, but wouldn't it be nice to feel the warm sand beneath our feet and splash in the waves? Since we couldn't get her to a beach, I decided I would do my best to bring the beach to her on a cold, rainy February day.
First, we busted out my "beach movie," which is a DVD Preston got me a few years back. It is just an hour or so of nothing but beautiful, hypnotic waves. If only I could figure out how to crawl through the TV! We couldn't figure that out, but the kids thought it was funny when I took pictures of them right in front of the TV (see pictures at the top of the post). They thought it looked like they were really at the beach. They had me text one of the pictures to Preston, so sure they would fool him into thinking we had really taken off and caught a plane to the Caribbean without him.
He didn't fall for it. I didn't want to actually get in my swim suit, but I rolled up the legs of my jeans and me and Cora dodged some pretend waves for a while. We also did some fake sunbathing. Cora even busted out the sunglasses!
Pretty soon Dax decided to join us and went and tracked down his swim suit. After we were tired of soaking up the fake sun, we decided to build some fake sandcastles!
Then Dax had a brilliant idea and ran out to the garage and brought in the sleds. I had no idea what he was up to, but Cora knew exactly what he wanted to do. Surf's up!
We listened to some Beach Boys, we had a smoothie, and did the best we could do have ourselves a nice day at the beach. It was fun!
But not as fun....








4 comments:
I've been feeling that lack of Vitamin Sea pretty bad, too. I was just sighing over my pictures from Grand Cayman the other day. One of these days. . .
You are awesome!
We really know how you feel.....we are heading to Hawaii in a few weeks.
That is downright adorable. Maybe your next stop could be Provo beach club for a surf and hey stop by midway and say hi to your old pals the gardners!
Post a Comment