I am really slacking on the blog. Apologies. These kids are keeping me hopping this summer. And my house is a mess, ALL the time. I am thinking I am going to have to do fall cleaning in addition to spring cleaning because, wow. Having the kids home all day sure adds to the wear and tear more than I remember.
We have been heading to the cabin most weekends, since, well, that is the only vacation we are doing this year, so we might as well make the most of it, right? This is just going to be a hodge podge of a whole bunch of weekends since they are all kind of blurring even to me.
We have tried out the pool a bunch of times. Dax made best friends with a couple of kids and spent about an hour doing group cannonballs with them. Even Arden joined in on a few:
We have had the waverunners out quite a few times. Arden is a CRAZY driver and loves to go as fast as she can! Cora likes to go around in lots and lots of circles.
One weekend in June we came up and my dad and I ran the Bear Lake half marathon, which was beautiful, but VERY windy. It stayed windy and cold all weekend, so we took the kids up to Minnetonka Cave.
They loved it! It was fun to go back, I haven't been in there since I was a kid. They had all the things I remembered...
And a few things that I didn't...like BATS! This one we got really close to, but he was fast asleep and didn't look at the camera at all.
All the rain that weekend did bring along with it another beautiful benefit:
Sandcastles....we dig 'em:
The flowers were out during June, and Preston started building us a fire pit (propane, since we aren't allowed to have regular fire pits lest we burn every one's cabin down):
Here is it at the beginning...
Then we cleared away some weeds and built a little wall in the hill that also serves as a bench (when I saw WE, I mean Preston and my dad.) It is even funner with friends!:
More swimming....
We have been eating more than our fair share of burgers and famous raspberry shakes...
And lots and lots of more beach...
Arden is generally upside down a good portion of the time, because, you know, that is just how Arden rolls.
We have seen deer and moose in our yard too...but haven't been able to get a good picture. Last weekend we saw a mother moose with her baby right out the kitchen window...but by the time Preston ran for the camera they heard all the kids screaming and took off. Oh well.
We will be seeing you soon Bear Lake!








1 comment:
I do believe y'all have found your rhythm with regards to the cabin. It looks HEAVENLY! And I hear you on the house going to pot this summer... I may or may not need a partial remodel. Whew.
Post a Comment