Monday, November 21, 2016

The Awesome, the Okay, and the Really Really (Really) Ugly

So, remember when I ran that marathon a couple months ago?  A couple of things are now coming out of that little adventure.

First, I got this in the mail a couple weeks ago!  My official acceptance card into the 2017 Boston Marathon!  Awesome!!
I guess that means I have to start training again.  But that's okay.  It will hopefully help me to stop myself from gaining the few extra pounds I usually seem to pick up during the holidays.  

Not all the results of my marathon are positive, however.  Some are really, really, gross.  Such as (brace yourself...or if you are squeamish, don't look too carefully at my second toenail in this picture...also, yes, I know my toes are freakishly long):
 Yup...I looked down last week and saw that my poor little black (but painted pink) toenail is about ready to take the leap.

*sigh*

I taped that sucker back on there with a bandaid but its days are definitely numbered.

Oh well.

No comments: