Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Back Off, Bee

Have I mentioned how much I like to go to baseball games on beautiful summer nights.  I do.   A lot. A few (or maybe a lot) of weeks ago we headed to the ball park.

Dax was ready for a foul ball with his mitt.
The game was going along just fine, everyone was enjoying their hot dogs and the game.  Bumble the Bee visited our section.  I told the kids to run up to him and I would take their picture.  Dax and Cora were too lazy/shy, but Arden was in a brave mood and ran up and got a bee snuggle:



Bumble enjoyed his snuggle so much that he called one of his helpers over and got a ball from them.  Then he proceeded to write Arden a love note on the ball:

The note said, "Arden, UR BEE-tiful."  Arden was a little excited for her souvenir.  The other two kids were a little bit jealous.

Bumble hung around our section for a while, and kept waving to Arden.  Then as he made his way down the stairs, he pointed at her again and made a heart symbol with his hands.

Arden was all giggles, but I was thinking...enough is enough, Bee.  Quit flirting with my 11 year old.

The game was fun, even though the Bees didn't win.  And Arden still proudly displays her ball/love note on the dresser in her room.

No comments: