Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Summertime Catch Up Post #1

So, what happened to summer?  I can't believe it is over already!  And I haven't blogged any of it! So, I'm going to try and do a few short, picture-heavy posts to hit a few highlights.

Dax got to go to Cub Scout camp again this year.  His favorite part was the trading post I think.  He came home with lots of little trinkets.  He had a great time, and I'm sooo thankful to his awesome leaders who got to hang out with this bunch of hooligans for a couple of days.
While Dax was off playing the girls invited some friends to come to Lagoon with us.  We were going to go for a couple of hours, but they were having so much fun we ended up staying most of the day.  Cora loves the Wild Mouse.  I think that the Wild Mouse was invented by some sort of sadist.  So, I didn't mind that I didn't fit in the car with the girls.  There was no line so they went two or three times in a row while I relaxed under a tree.
Cora succumbed to peer pressure and took her first ride on the Colossus!  She liked it okay, and has been on it a few more times since then.  We still can't get that girl on the Cannibal though.  It was such a beautiful day:
I went on a few of the rides, but I mostly enjoyed watching the girls.  I am getting old now, you know, and going around in lots of fast circles is not my favorite thing anymore.  Sad, I know.  I used to love it!  The girls still think it is fun.  The Music Express was always a favorite, and it is hilarious to watch the girls trying not to squash each other.  It never works for long!
 It was a fun girls' day!

No comments: