It was winter, and for some reason I didn't take a lot of pictures. I don't have a lot of memories of exactly what was going on, but it probably involved a lot of us just plugging along.
Every day, I would wake up early with Arden around 6:45, and get her breakfast and pack her lunch (she would never eat school lunch for some reason). Dax usually woke up by himself while Arden was getting ready. I would usually have to wake up Cora after Arden left around 7:30, and then work on getting her and Dax breakfast, sometimes lunch (Dax usually liked school lunch, and Cora would do about half and half.) Then we would try and get out the door for elementary school around 8:35. We were still car pooling with the Olsen's, our across the street neighbors, but now that Arden and Dan were in junior high, it was just us, and Luke (who was Cora's age), and Henry, who was in 1st grade. Henry usually kept us entertained with his constant stream of talking/singing/yelling.
After the kids were at school, I'd head to work. Here is a winter view out my window. I like where I sit at work, I have one wall that is pretty much this window, and I have windows on one other wall as well, and that one faces south, so I could soak up some sunshine even in winter.
After school, generally we would be driving around to various practices. Arden always had gymnastics, each and every day for hours and hours. Dax did basketball, and was lucky enough to get Rudy Gobert's number.
Dax didn't dribble often, but somehow I got a picture of one of the times he did. It made me nervous, I am sure. Dax was lucky to always have nice coaches who taught him a lot and did it in a fun way.
Arden's "meet season" started in January. She competed as a "platinum" instead of a Level 6, since she never quite got her back handspring on the balance beam. Here is a picture of her doing her bars routine. This year was the first year they moved from the lower bar to the upper bar, which was fun to watch.
And here is a video of Arden's bar routine. Yay!
Arden's floor routine was to the music from "Beat It" from Michael Jackson, which I thought was a brilliant idea. It is too long of a video to post here, but if you want to see it, let me know and I'll send you a link. :)
Arden always likes getting medals too!
Cora played indoor soccer, and did art with Jodi, was in the play at school, was in the STEM club, and activity days (no pictures, sorry). Dax also did scouts, and Arden did young women. I was also training for the Boston marathon. Between all of that and dinner and homework, there wasn't a lot of time to sit around.
In February, it was Valentines Day! Which means Valentines boxes for elementary school kids. Arden remarked about how Valentines is no fun in junior high. Truth! Cora's box was a pig, and Dax's was a alligator/dragon kind of thingie. Cute!
We of course still go to the cabin in the winter time. There is usually sledding, but when the snow was very deep we busted out the snow shoes and gave them a try. Here is meeee (wearing Preston's shoes)!
Here is Cora (wearing mine). Everyone tried them out a little, but me and Cora went for a little walk up the hill by our sledding run.
She is so cute!
And that is about it...Arden and I went on a trip to San Diego, so that is the next post!









No comments:
Post a Comment