Saturday, November 9, 2019

March and April 2019 (excluding vacations)

Okay!  Where were we?  Ah yes, March 2019.  The first fun thing that happens every March is Arden's birthday!  Except this birthday, she officially became a teenager.  Yup.  She is thirTEEN.  Bummer.  She did a couple of things with her friends for fun, but I wasn't invited so I don't have pictures.  She allowed us to take her to Dave & Busters on her birthday, though, so here are some official birthdayish pictures.  Dave and Busters was fun!  Arden liked racing with Cora.
 She also liked cake! 
 Dax and Cora quickly jumped in and offered to help her finish it off. 
For presents she just wanted clothes, so we walked down to Abercrombie and Fitch and let her pick out some cute and pricey pieces for her wardrobe.  She had a gymnastics meet on her very birthday, and Cora had a play that day too (see later pictures), so her birthday was pretty busy.  We got her an official cake (ice cream cake from Coldstone, as requested) and ate it the day after her real birthday.  Make a wish baby! 
So Cora has been looking forward to being in the school play since forever.  She was a little disappointed that the play ended up being Shrek, Jr., but it was actually turned out really cute.  Cora was in the chorus, and here she is performing as a citizen of Far Far Away (she is on the far left).
 I wasn't very close to the stage, so most of the pictures were blurry, but here is another one. 
Cora was also one of the three blind mice.  Here she is on the back row...I only see one other blind mice but I swear there were three.


Here is a picture of (most of) the cast...Cora is on the bottom left.  She loved being in the play and didn't even mind too much getting up early for practices.
She liked being mice with her friends too (can't remember their names right now, but they had fun being mice together).

Arden had one of her last every gymnastics meets!  She is still smiling, but she was pretty burned out from gymnastics at this point and was thinking about quitting (which she ended up doing).  But she still is smiling!


After this we went to Hawaii (but that is its own post!) but sometime in here it started to look like Spring!  Here is the new view out my window at work:

 Then before we knew it, it was Cora's turn for a birthday.  Official double digits for her, with the big 1-0.  Seriously stop this nonsense.  Lamb pix (yes, I know, I forgot to post Arden's, sorry.  I can't find them!)

 Cutie patootie!
 Cora had a bunch of friends over to our house for a party, and we did pour paintings.  That is where you pour special paint onto canvases and it turns out all cool and funky.  Observe:
 This one was mine (I paid for it, so I wanted to play too):

After painting and cake and stuff there were presents!  I didn't do a good job of taking a picture of everyone, but here is one showing most of them at least:

On another note, my dog is weird.  Whenever she sits by me, she doesn't try to lay her head on my like most other dogs.  She usually shows her affection with the other end of her body.  I was laying on my bed watching TV one night and she jumped up and sat her rear end directly on my nose to show how much she loves me. 


After that it was Easter!  I took nearly zero pictures!  Here is one of Cora running out of the door to start her Easter Egg hunt:
Here is Dax, being Dax!

 After the egg hunt, we ate food!  Food is good!

We went out to the lake!  It was cold but still oh so beautiful.

And just to keep it real, here is an interesting picture for you.  One day Cora and Dax both had to go to the bathroom when they got home from school.  Dax, who weighs like twice as much as Cora, won the wrestling match into the bathroom.  Cora made her displeasure known by kicking the door, not realizing that it is HOLLOW. 

 She was in trouble. 

 We got season tickets to Lagoon!  Here are a couple of pix of me and Dax and Cora's first trip. 





No comments: