I used to take so many pictures when my kids were toddlers. They were just cute, brushing their teeth, eating lunch, going to the park. They loved to get their pictures taken. When you try to take pictures of teen/tweenagers doing everyday things you get eye rolls at best and stuff thrown at you at worst.
So, I just don't have as many pictures as I used to. Arden was the only kid in summer 2021 that was excited to get her picture taken. Cora was not a fan, but Daxton would actively run away if he saw me even looking like I was thinking about taking a picture. But anyway, I'll give you what I have. Here we go:
First up! Memorial Day Trip to Bear Lake. Arden brought her friends Emily and Allie. They brought cute dresses and wanted to have a photo shoot! Somehow, I got volunteered to be the photographer, but I am not good at it and have only a cell phone, but here are some of the hundreds (literally) of photos they made me take:
I guess I felt like I had taken a lot of pictures, but I only got Arden and Co, but everyone else was there too...just not documented on camera. Oh well.
We went and hiked the Limber Pine trail one day (no pictures?) and we played at the Lake another day. We brought paddle boards and kayaks and stuff and it was super fun. Brant, Nikki's husband was a great sport and threw all the girls in the water and they couldn't get enough of it.
There was the huge rubber band thing that someone brought where the kids would run back and forth and throw themselves against it, and I was sure someone was going to get a concussion but no one ever did.
The girls spent a lot of time painting their nails and making bracelets. Somehow they talked the bishop into letting them paint a stripe on his hair? He's such a good sport.
And of course there was the nightly fire and smores!
Sometime during the summer I went for my annual mole check and they found another pre-cancerous one they wanted to dig a big hole around. At least it was on my shoulder and not my face, right?
As far as day-to-day summer, this is the battle I would face each day. Each. And. Every. Day. Especially with Daxton, who loved to play video games (Minecraft, Fortnite for a while, a little later NBA2K). And he also doesn't like to clean stuff. Or put laundry away. Or read books. You get the idea. I didn't take any pictures of the daily negotiations.
Arden does like to read books! And watch sunsets! She used to take the dog for a walk on the trail in our neighborhood to a view spot and she would read a book and watch the sunset. She took a picture.
We had a couple of pool days with our friends the Hibberts, which are always super fun and relaxing. Dax was here too, I promise.
I didn't really take many pictures until our next trip to the cabin with the Wongs. We made our first trip to the Bridgerland Adventure Park! They have a big ropes course and a zip line and some tubing hills. But Dax was the most excited to try the ax throwing. He did pretty good! Here is him posing with a bullseye he did (sorry he is so small!)
Here is Cora up on the ropes course, she's so brave!
Arden was killing it on the ropes course. She still has some great balance and good upper body strength from her gymnastics days, so she is built for this:
We also went to the Pickleville Playhouse on this trip! The show was called "Becoming a Bona Fide Bad Guy," and it was pretty funny! None of the boys (Dax or the three Wong boys) or Cora, wanted to be in the picture, but little Grace did, so Arden went with her:
He does exist! Preston and Dax are on the left in this picture. I do not know why Preston is wearing shorts and a t-shirt inside of the freezing cold cave? He would be perfectly happy if temps were in the 60s all year round (whereas I am most happy in the upper 70s), but I'm sure he was a little chilly but probably fine.
And looook! Me and Cora got to feed a giraffe! Giraffes are my favorite animals, so this was supre fun for me. And Cora looks happy too!
He came home and listened to Queen pretty nonstop for a couple of months (I still haven't fully recovered).































No comments:
Post a Comment