We had a stopover in Amsterdam but it was only a couple of hours, just long enough to get through customs which went super smoothly. We had a weird cheese sandwich snack on our next leg from Amsterdam to Barcelona, and then we finally arrived! It was like 6:30 p.m. local time. We waited for our luggage and got only slightly lost on the way to the airport bus. We found it and got off pretty near to our apartment were were renting! Bueno! Only after we got off the bus I checked the email of where to check in and it turns out we had to get our keys at a completely different place like 3 miles away! No bueno!
So, I sat my super-excited children and all of our luggage down on a bench in Placa Catalunya and ran for the metro. I bought a ticket and jumped on a train trying to hurry as fast as I can! After one stop I figured out that I was going the wrong direction! Perfecto! ARRGGH. I jumped off the train and ran to the other side of the tracks and got headed in the right direction. I got off on the stop my phone told me too (thank goodness for google maps!) and walk/jogged to the office and got the keys (yay!) and reversed my course. I texted the crew to meet me at the apartment, and only like 45 minutes later than expected we got into the apartment. It was in a great location and super cute:
We were tired and starving and it was dark now, so everyone (except Arden who was more tired than hungry) headed to a nearby restaurant to get some Tapas! Yo tengo mucho hambre!There were lots of adorable little restaurants with tables out on the wide streets. The weather was beautiful and warm and perfect. We got some croquettes, some patatas bravas, pan con tomate, and some other things I don't remember. They were all delicioso! See how happy we are (Dax does not love getting his picture taken, I promise he had fun):
.heic)




No comments:
Post a Comment