Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Big girl bed (and out of control tag)

So, only 14 more days to go until Arden gets her cast off! Yay! Luckily, Arden loves her cast. She refuses to wear long-sleeve shirts that cover it up. She loves to show it to everyone and tell them the story: "Peeent! Arrm! Dotters! Bedder!" (Ardenese for "Here is my pink arm cast! The doctors put it here to help my arm get better!"). I was hoping that if nothing else, maybe the cast would have slowed Arden down a little and maybe make her a little more cautious. But no, she hasn't slowed down for a second. So, after stopping her from trying to climb out of her crib a couple of times last week, Preston and I decided not to wait until she got her cast off, but to put her in a toddler bed now, before she breaks her other arm. Here is a picture of Arden in her "big girl bed," still jumping around and acting like Arden.
She was pretty excited for her "new" bed, and she has done pretty well for the most part. Except for the Sunday nap, which was a total fiasco. I went upstairs and put her down as usual. After I laid her down, I sat outside her door to make sure she didn't get out of her bed until I was pretty sure she was asleep. Then, I closed the door and crept downstairs. As soon as I got down, Preston got home from a church meeting and opened the garage door, which is pretty loud in Arden's room as her room is right over the garage. I heard some moving around up in her room, but I was hoping that maybe she was just rolling over a lot to try and get comfortable again. So, I gave her 5 minutes and sent Preston up to check on her when she didn't quiet down. Preston found her dumping the dirt out of the plant in her room onto the carpet. He told her "no" and put her back in bed, and figured we would vacuum up the dirt after her nap. He stayed upstairs to make sure she stayed in bed until she fell asleep. After a while, he came back down thinking he was successful. A few minutes later, I heard some more noise and went to investigate. I opened the door, and there was Arden happily dumping her sippy cup of water on the dirt in her carpet and rubbing it into mud. Nice. So, after some emergency carpet cleaning and vacuuming, Preston and I took turns for the next hour and a half trying to get her to stay in her bed. Two hours later, she finally fell asleep. :). But, overall, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, and she went right to bed tonight just like she used to do in a crib. Yay!

Also, I have been tagged again two more times by two different people with two different tags (is this tag thing getting out of control? Maybe). Sorry Alison and Shauna that I am so slow. Alison tagged me with a Q&A one that is pretty similar to the last time I got tagged, so I think I will skip out on that one (sorry Al) and Shauna tagged me with one where I am supposed to just share seven random and/or weird facts about myself. So, here goes:
  1. I am afraid of puppets, and even puppet-like dolls. I am afraid they will start moving by themselves and talk to me.
  2. I have no spleen.
  3. I used to love Michael Jackson when I was a very little girl. I saved up all the money I had in the world and actually bought the vinyl LP of Thriller. I also had a little pink "Beat It" shirt.
  4. I have a phobia about cutting my hair short. When I was little, my twin brother and I were playing barber and he cut off all my hair, and I had to get my head almost buzzed. Everyone thought I was a boy. Ever since then, I have had long hair, so everyone will know that I am a girl.
  5. The place I would most like to visit is Egypt. Someday all this travelling Preston is doing will pay off and we will cash in our SkyMiles and go. (Close second: Rome).
  6. I love me some cheesy 80s music. All of it. Preston makes fun of me because I download these old songs onto my iPod along with the new stuff I get. I recently downloaded "Hey Mickey" by Toni Basil (love it) and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper (classic). I can't stop myself. (Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind Hey Mickey!)
  7. Preston and I just finished all of our paperwork for adoption attempt #2! So, we are back in the "pool," and waiting to see if we will get chosen again!

If anyone out there isn't tired of getting tagged, feel free to consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a big girl, with a big girl bed and everything. But still Soooooo cute. I would have accepted the tag, but I don't know that many interesting things about myself, but there are (some) pictures on my blog now. We didn't really get many of Hidden mickeys because most of the good ones were on rides, and I wasn't ready for them. Maybe on my next trip.

Diane said...

Great to keep up with what's going on. Arden will get used to her bed. I remember when we put you and Dan in bunkbeds. Remember those old triple bunk beds? They had really short legs so they could stack 3 high. (We only used two, and they were both on the floor at first. You could both climb out of the cribs anyway so we weren't loosing much contnrol.) Naps not so much, but at night, when you got tired (Dan especially) you would just turn up missing, and we would find you in your new bed. You would just crawl in and go to sleep. Don't count on it with Arden, though. :) Mom

Lori said...

Hey, we had fun with Preston last night. The kids love him so much and we so sad that he could only be here for dinner last night. I am afraid they gave him quite the work out.

Congrats on having your papers in again. I am hoping you will have a new one around the same time this little guy will be born!