Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Little Milestones

This last week has brought to us a few little milestones! First, now that Dax is 4 months old, we decided to try and start feeding him solid foods. Preston made me wait until he got back from his business trip, so finally, on Saturday, we broke out the baby rice cereal! Here is Daxton's response:



He wasn't too big of a fan, obviously. He pretty much spit out everything I put into his mouth after that! We tried again with mashed bananas, and he liked those a little bit better, but he still would MUCH rather just have his bottle. I am sure he will get used to the idea sooner or later. Then, on Sunday, Dax rolled over. He had been really close for a couple of weeks, but right before he went over he would always stop. On Sunday he finally made it all the way over! We made a big deal out of it and told him what a good boy he was, and so he decided he wanted to do it again! We put him back on his belly a few times, and each time he rolled right over! As soon as we busted out the video camera, he seemed to forget how to do it quickly, but here is some exciting and action-filled footage of Daxton rolling over for your enjoyment:


Arden also had her own little milestone. We usually try (key word: TRY) to have family home evening on Monday nights. With Arden's attention span, our average family home evening usually lasts about 10 minutes, and 8 of those minutes are spent trying to get Arden to hold still. After our "lesson" (and I use that term very loosely) Arden decided she wanted to say the closing prayer all by herself. She grabbed Daxton's little arms to help him fold them, and did a great job without ANY help. Here is how the prayer went, as near as I can remember:

"Dear Hevy Fader, Tank you for day. Tank you for famawee. Tank you for eateen food, and pizza! Tank you for Dax, and playing wif Dax. Tank you for Mommy, and Dax, and Dada, and Dax. Tank you for Dax. Tank you for Mewanee (Meloni, her birth mother) and Dax, and Hevy Fader, tank you for day, and famawee, and Dax. Amen!"

Sooooo cute. Preston and me were trying so hard not to laugh through the whole thing, but I really was proud of her! Though, I have to admit I was a little jealous that she said so many thank yous for Daxton, and only one for mommy. I guess I should be glad I made it in there at all :).

7 comments:

Amanda said...

so cute! I am glad you got those little moments on camera. I love to watch them.

Arden is such a cutie!

Tiffany said...

Arden is so sweet! You'll have to remind her of how thankful she is for a little brother when he starts getting into her stuff. ;)

Jess said...

Good job Daxton. And tell Arden she is such a big girl! Good Job!

Holly said...

I love seeing all these fun milestones. You'll be so glad you wrote down Arden's little prayer... so cute!

Jessica O. said...

You are such a good mom to document everything. I always think I'm going to and then the batteries or dead or I just forget. Arden's prayer is super cute!

Allie said...

CONGRATS DAXTON!
I like your new background, and the circus looked fun!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo awesome! Is there a way to print it out so you have it as a scrapbook/journal? It is so cute to hear about these things and the kids will love them when they grow up. I like it because you say that you forgot Arden's legs were chubby (which was the first thing I noticed because I LOOOOVE chubby legs) and there are so many things you could forget if you didn't blog them. My favorite is the prayer.. hands down. That is ADORABLE! I can't wait to meet them in a week or so!