Sunday, November 30, 2008

Six Months!

Daxton turned 6 months old this week. As you may know, 6 months is a MAJOR milestone for us here at the Zaugg house. Now that Daxton is 6 months old, we can finally finalize (finally finalize? Is that too many "final"'s? Oh well.) his adoption! We have our court appointment tomorrow, and I am pretty stressed. My shoulders are sore from being so tense. I know that there is probably nothing to worry about, but I guess it is my nature to imagine all of the things that could possibly go wrong, especially with something sooooooooooooooo important. I am worried that someone forgot to file some paperwork somewhere along the line, I am worried that our lawyer will get in a car accident on the way there, I am worried that the judge will be in a bad mood and say "no" just to be mean, and about a zillion other things. At least I don't have very much longer to worry...we will (hopefully!) be all done by this time tomorrow!

Dax is getting HUGE! We had is 6-month old doctors appointment this week, and he is now over 19 pounds. He is 28 inches long now, which is the 91% for height! He is growing up so fast, I thought I would give you a look at a couple of his "bear" pictures so far:

Daxton at 3 days old:
Three months old:

Six months old:

As you can see from the picture above, Daxton has discovered his tongue. It is almost always sticking out how. His other favorite pastimes include blowing raspberries and slobbering all over himself. I think he is almost ready to get his first teeth in!

We had a great Thanksgiving at my mom's house (sorry, no pictures) It was pretty low-key, but I loved it. The food was amazing, and it was great to sit on the couch and be full while my dad ran around the house with Arden all day. Thanks Dad! We also decorated our Christmas tree this week. This is the first year that Arden could really help, and she was so excited. Unfortunately, she couldn't reach very many branches, and so by the end, we would up with quite a few ornaments on one branch...here is an example:
It is hard to see, but there are about 6 ornaments all hung RIGHT next to each other on that branch. So cute :) She is already really excited for Christmas to come. She LOVES to play hide and seek lately, especially with her daddy. Her favorite shows to watch now are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Annie (does anyone remember that movie from when they were little? Arden can't get enough of it.)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Things will go wonderful I am sure. We are excited for you! Sorry we missed you on Thanksgiving. Love your pictures.

Tiffany said...

I just love Daxton's smile so much. He's so cute! Thanks again for watching the kids this weekend, they had a great time with Arden.

Jessica O. said...

Good Luck tomorrow. Such an exciting time!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Don't you worry your pretty little head! I will say a little prayer for you!! I am sure everything will go well! That is awesome that Arden knows how to decorate! At least she put the same kind of ornaments on one branch. That shows that she knows how to organize!

Leslie said...

Relax! All will go well tomorrow and he will be yours forever!