It may not have been the smoothest court appearance ever, but I guess all is well that ends well! Hooray!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Yay! We survived and he is ours!
So, we made it through the adoption finalization in court today! It was a rocky ride. First, our adoption caseworker couldn't locate a couple of the papers she was supposed to have while she was on the stand. Eventually it turned out she didn't need them for the adoption to go through, but my heart didn't beat for at least 30 seconds while she was looking. Next, our lawyer didn't seem to have some papers he needed and had to ask the judge for a copy (which he had, phew!)...another small heart attack. Then, while we were signing our papers in front of the judge, Daxton grabbed one of them and tried to shove it in his mouth (which he does to everything he can get his hands on). I had to grab his hand and wrestle the paper gently away from him before he could rip it in half. It was a little wrinkly after that :). Finally, when the whole thing was almost over, Daxton decided he couldn't wait another minute for his bottle and started screaming. So, I didn't even get to hear the last couple of minutes of the proceedings over his yelling, but Preston told me they went well.:) I got him his bottle and he shut right up, and we took a quick picture of our new legalized family with our very nice (and patient) judge:
It may not have been the smoothest court appearance ever, but I guess all is well that ends well! Hooray!!
It may not have been the smoothest court appearance ever, but I guess all is well that ends well! Hooray!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yay! So glad it all went well! :)
Congratulations! He is such a cutie!
Congratulation! Finally, he's all yours! Even though I thought it was a little funny about the missing papers, when that was your biggest worry. All well, it's done!YIPEE!
Congrats! I am so glad everything ended up working out for you!
We're so glad to hear that everything is official, Congrats!
Daxton has grown so much in six months... he's going to be one tall guy!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys
How happy we are for you to be one big happy family.
I am so happy for you! What a relief to have the court day over with! I can't believe he is already six months old! Time flies so fast!
Congratulations! We are excited for your family.
Congratulations!!! I am so glad everything went great...only 2 more big days to get through and life can settle down..LOL LOL LOL
you guys make a beautiful family!
Hip Hip HOORAY!! I can't believe how big he is getting! It seems like yesterday he was this little guy that could bearly fit in your arms!! Now he looks like he is ready to jump from your arms!! You are such a cute family!
Post a Comment