Last Sunday we blessed Daxton in church. Preston did a great job, and it was so nice to finally be able to get it done!! Daxton really is a blessing to us, and I am glad our blessing is officially blessed. Right after the church and the family breakfast we had after, we started packing our bags for our trip to Southern California. Unfortunately, Preston thought our plane left an hour later than it actually did. Fortunately, I made him double check the time. Unfortunately, I didn't make him double check the time soon enough and we really had to rush to make our plane! But make it we did, and we were on our way.
Sidenote: we had a completely ridiculous amount of luggage. Each of us (Preston, Arden, Daxton and I) each needed a bag since we had to pack warm clothes. Then, we had the car seats for both kids. We brought along Daxton's pack-n-play so he could have somewhere semi-familiar to sleep. And, finally we had the sit and stand stroller! Oh, and the diaper bag! YIKES! So in the end we had 4 suitcases, 2 car seats, a pack-n-play, a stroller, a diaper bag and a partridge in a pear tree! I wish I would have taken a picture of all of our luggage but I didn't. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for helping us lug it all around!!!).
The flights went pretty well, and we all had a good time at Disneyland and Sea World. It was especially nice to go with my cousin Kati, who used to be my Disneyland buddy back in the day! The weather was really nice, especially the day we were at Sea World. Here is a picture of Arden petting a dolphin:
Daxton didn't have the best time the first day or two, he was really grumpy and we weren't sure if it was just the weirdness of being on vacation or what. Preston finally figured it out...his first tooth popped up out of his gums, followed quickly by his second! Once we figured out what his problem was and gave him stuff to chew on and a little Baby Tylenol, he was back to his old happy self. Here he is hanging out on Preston's lap:
She was excited to be tall enough to ride on the Matterhorn (here she is getting measured):
She went on it a couple of times, but the first time she didn't see the snow monster cause she was too short. The second time, she did see him...after the ride, I asked her if she was ok, and she told me "I brave! Monster in there a widdle scary, but not too scary." She must have decided that "a widdle scary" was scary enough because she never went on it again, and asked me on a few other rides if there were any "Monsters in there?"
Since Grandma, Grandpa, Kati and my sister Amanda and her husband Matt were there with us, we got to go on quite a few of the "bigger" rides and took turns watching the kids. But, we all like the little kid rides too, and Preston and I still (barely) fit inside the rocket ride together:
It was a fun time, but Arden was really tired and ready to be home, and so were the rest of us! We got home on the 14th, and all of the sudden I realized I still have a TON of stuff to do before Christmas, so I am scrambling now! So, I better quit blogging and start on my to-do list! If you don't get your Christmas cards until New Years, don't be surprised!!!
7 comments:
Darling little family!! I am jealous you went to Disneyland. I am hoping we can go this summer.
Wow that so awesome! I would have love to seen the picture of all your luggages! I think that a hoot because I can totally relate. I can't believe have big your kids are getting! You have been truly blessed with a wonderful family.
Looks like you had a great time!! I'm glad you figured out Daxton's tooth hangup! There is nothing more frustrating then having a grumpy baby on vacation! Isaac won't go on the Matterhorn either because of the Abomnible Snowman and he is five!! Funny stuff! I think we all have our fair share of junk (luggage) when we go vacationing and it seems a little more when you have a baby!!
Love the "Widdle Scary" comment - I think those monsters are FREAKIN' scary! So cute!
Jackson loved the Matterhorn. Disneyland is so fun at that age. I'm glad you had a fun trip. We also pack just a ton of stuff to travel but I don't know any other way with kids.
I so feel your pain about the lugagge thing! Ha Ha! Looks like you had fun! And I love your comment about your blessing being offically blessed! Congrats!
The trip was a blast! I loved hanging out with you again at Disneyland! It's been way too long since we had be able to do that. Thanks again for letting me be the tag a long!
Post a Comment