Now that Arden is almost 3 I decided to enroll her in a gymnastics class. She loved watching the "somersault girls" during the Olympics and loves to somersault around our house and hang upside down from the handlebars of my exercise bike or anything else that remotely resembles a bar. After watching her hang upside down from the arm of a chair in the examination room at one of Daxton's appointments, even our pediatrician suggested that we get her enrolled in gymnastics. :) I decided we would try "Flips" in Bountiful after a friend's recommendation.
Of course I haven't brought my camera either time, and my camera phone is stinky for motion pictures and of course has no zoom. I tried to take some pictures of them while they were warming up since they were close by, so here are a couple of really blurry shots for you:
Arden is the little one closest to the camera in the white shirt and red pants.
Last week was her first week, and she LOVED it. There are about 8 other kids in her 3-year old class, and the two teachers seem pretty good. The kids get to jump up and down and run around, bounce on the trampoline, balance on a small beam, and yes, even do somersaults and hang upside down from a bar! Arden especially likes the BIG trampoline, and last week whenever the teachers were not looking she would try and sneak off to the trampoline again. They were good at catching her before she got too far away though.
Today they worked a little bit on handstands (with the teachers helping of course). Arden doesn't quite understand that she is supposed to try and hold herself up with her own arms, and just thinks the teachers are playing a fun game of holding her upside down. It was hilarious to watch! I am sure she will catch on soon :) She seems to really enjoy the class and is sad when it is over.
It is so fun for me to watch her, I just sit there grinning like an idiot the whole time, and Daxton loves to watch too (he squeals and screams LOUD and HIGH when he is excited or happy or sometimes just because he feels like it. It can be kind of embarrassing in situations like this...and at church). I was a little worried about how Arden would do at first, but it is AMAZING how obedient she is to her gymnastics teachers! Seriously, if they say jump, she jumps! If they say roll, she rolls! If they say do a somersault, she does it! If I say jump at home, she says "No, I just don't want to do dat." Oh well. There is another place in Bountiful called USA Gymnastics, but I haven't heard much about that place...has anyone been to both and if so, which one did you like more? So far I am very proud of my little gymnast.
8 comments:
This is so fun for both of you. I had Jordan at USA gymnastics when he was about 6. It was fun but they do work them pretty hard. I know they have a good reputation.
Looks like fun!
Thanks for the comment! I was hoping you weren't thinking I was some cooky person following your family. :) I have a very good friend named Meloni who suggested I look at your blog. Your family is absolutely beautiful, I cant help but laugh at the things Arden does. I'm new to this blog thing and I haven't figured out how or if you can send private comments. I would love to be able to talk to you more if that's okay. Hope you have a great day!
My friend taught at USA and I think it is a little more serious. Jackson went to flips and loved it. I got tired of going and was pregnant with Daniel and just gave up but he loved it.
Glad Arden is having a good time!! Dallin coos and laughs at Isaac really loud too! I get a little embarassed about it at church too!! Loud baby!! I get mad that Isaac is making him laugh but Dallin laughs even when Isaac blinks!! Baby's are so dang cute!!
Lucky girl!!!
You need to get a video of Arden doing gymnastics! She looks like she is having a fun time! I hate it that the kids listen to their teachers and not their moms too...oh well they still are cute!
I'm glad you got her enrolled in gymnastics! Now she'll have a safe place to try her "tricks", instead of the bannister at the top of the stairs. (Don't worry, I never actually let her)
Post a Comment