Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleep-eating

Daxton has always been a good eater. He eats sooo much better than Arden did at his age, it is amazing. He will eat just about any kind of baby food, and pretty much anything else he can get his little hands on. I still feel Dax a bottle right before I go to bed at around 11:00 because if I don't, he wakes up around 5 a.m. wanting his breakfast! As a result of all of these late-night feedings, Dax has developed a very special talent --sleep-eating.

When I go into his room to feed him his bottle, I sneak in very quietly. I pick Dax up from his crib and sit down in the rocker. I quickly plug the bottle in his mouth, and his eyes never open. He can usually drink the entire bottle without actually waking up! When he has finished eating, I gently sit him up and rub his back, and he performs another amazing feat: sleep-burping. After that, I HAVE to sit and just snuggle him for a while...he is just so warm and soft and sweet.
.
It is my favorite time of the day.
.
I could just hold him like that for hours. (And I would except I am usually pretty exhausted by then and I am afraid that if I feel asleep in the chair I would eventually drop him on the floor and I am pretty sure he wouldn't sleep through that). Anyway, after I get my snuggle-fix, I put him back in his crib and he is blissfully unaware that anything has happened at all.

I wonder at what age we lose the ability to drink while we are sleeping??? If someone tried to get me to drink anything while I was asleep I would certainly drown. :)

Today is Daxton's 9-month old birthday! He has started to LOVE being on his feet. He can stand up while holding on to furniture now, and he thinks it is so fun:
and his favorite thing in the world is walking around with someone holding his hands:
Obviously he doesn't quite have the balance thing down yet...his feet are usually going about twice as fast as the rest of his little body.
But, he is having a great time!

He is sooo proud of himself, and will scream for more if I try to stop before he is done. I am sure that before I know it, he won't need me to hold his hands anymore.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Gosh how lucky are you to have such a sweet boy that you can feed while he's asleep. I can't believe he gotten so big that he's cruising around the furniture. He's darling!!!

Lori said...

I wish Drake slept as well as Dax, we weren't blessed with a great sleeper this go-a-round. What a cute little guy, I love this stage.

Amanda said...

I love his cute smile. Just so happy to be out walking around. Love that kid!

Julie Keddington said...

Chrystie, you are such a good mom! I love to read about your cute kids. It is clear that you are enjoying being their mom so much. You really are a great example of "enjoying the journey".

Kati said...

What a cute little boy you have!! I love the pictures! It's nice that the weather has been good enough to be outside too!!

The Zaugg family said...

holy crap,he is so stinkin cute!!!