I guess Preston is really the silliest because he is the one who allowed himself to be talked into taking Arden outside to color with sidewalk chalk in January last weekend:
We had a little Super Bowl get together yesterday with my brothers and sisters and parents and even my Grandma (who I am not sure enjoyed the game, but we enjoyed having her with us!) and a good time was had by all...well, all except maybe my brother-in-law Matt who was studying imaginary numbers for a test he has this week. My absolute favorite part of the entire game was during the halftime show when Bruce Springsteen did a knee slide across the stage. He totally miscalculated how fast he was going or how slippery the stage was or something and crashed into a camera guy. I think we rewinded and watched that part at least 3 or 4 times. Hilarious. It was better than any of the commercials this year!
Aaaand, its time for my annual "I HATE the Groundhog" rant.
I have to think that Groundhog Day has GOT to be the most depressing holiday ever. First, no one gets it off of work, so really, what's the point? Second...can anyone even remember the last time that stupid groundhog DIDN'T see his stupid groundhog shadow and sentence us all to the extra-long version of winter? I can't. Groundhog Day pretty much is just a day to remind me that winter is going to last forever. And ever. Aaaand ever. Stupid groundhog. If I ever meet him on the street he better run.
10 comments:
I agree with the groundhog thing. I think the groundhog likes winter to last longer because he is just holed up in his little house - no trouble at all. We should choose a new animal.
We had fun watching the Superbowl. Well, I did. Matt got some good studying done. His test is tomorrow. I am glad I am not in school.
there is nothing great about groundhog day except the movie, which I love. I wouldn't have known expept someone posted "Happy Groundhogs Day" on facebook. Yikes... who says that..it must be someone who likes winter...
I missed the whole sliding across the stage moment. Troy had to show it to me. I agree, a definite highlight. Did the caramel corn work? Preston got me craving some and I had to make a batch myself. Yummy stuff.
I love that you have groundhog rage. You are siwwy and hilarious.
Siwwy groundhog!!!!
I agree it's the dumbest holiday ever! The POOR groundhog is one hated animal!
I missed the Superbowl moment as well. Siwwy Bruce Springsteen. Arden is darling and I love hearing about her antics. But did she draw a picture of a groundhog with her sidewalk chalk?
Chrystie, I know I already posted, but I'm answering yours -- of course you can put a link! I'm glad you want to. Is it okay if I do the same? I love to read your blog. It is so well-written and you are a very talented story teller. Your kids are darling and I love to see those stages of growing up since mine are so OLD now. I miss having little ones. Thanks for sharing with me! Brandice
I don't even count it as a holiday. Really a Groundhog? I completely agree.
Chrystie, you can absolutely check out my blog. Thanks for your comment! And thanks for the cutest blog backgrounds! I updated mine to look a little cuter. :-) And Arden is definitely a "siwwy giwrl."
Post a Comment