It was Arden's third birthday yesterday!
I told her she could have her first "friends" party this year, and she decided that she really really wanted to go to Kangaroo Zoo for her birthday and have just a couple of friends come with her. We were practically the only ones there which was great, and it was nice to be able to let the kids run around everywhere and go on the biggest slides without fear of them getting squashed by a 9-year old! Arden had sooo much fun, and it was nice for the moms to get to sit around and talk instead of following the kids around. Arden is fearless and would follow her friend Jaycie up the tallest slides there. Daxton really liked bouncing around too, and he can't wait until he is big enough to play with the "big kids." Arden had the best time, and completely wore herself out! Thanks everyone for coming!
That evening my family came over and we had cake and ice cream. Here is Arden taking a BIIIIG breath right before she blew out her candles:
After cake, Arden talked us all into playing chutes and ladders with her, and she beat us all (of course, she wasn't really paying attention by the end, but oh well.) It was a fun and busy day, and now I have a 3-year-old! I am so proud of her, she is so smart and so brave. She makes me laugh every day, and she gives me so much help (when she is in the mood :). I love this kid!
(By the way, if you haven't given me your thoughts on baby names, please see the post below! I am still waiting for something to start growing on me!)



9 comments:
Congrats Arden is now 3!!! How fun to have a party at the Kangaroo Zoo, less to clean up. Fun photos!
Happy Birthday Arden!! Your cake looks YUMMY!!
Happy Birthday Arden! Looks like it was a fun day!
Happy Birthday! Looks like a great party! I'm so sad we weren't able to go, I had to work. Please don't tell Drew he missed it, I will never hear the end of it.
So fun.. Happy Birthday Arden!!
It was a fun party...thanks for inviting Daniel. He had a great time and so did I.
Three!!! Yeah!! I can't believe she is Three!!! Kangaroo Zoo always makes for a fun party!!
I love the cake. And she looks darling -- quite a poser! What is the rule about when to stop "friend" parties? I am still getting arguments from my kids.
Happy Birthday Arden!!!!
Post a Comment