Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of those days....

It is one of those days today. Preston is out of town, so there wasn’t a lot of sleeping last night. Corbie won’t stop crying. Nobody wants to eat anything I make for them. Dax isn’t feeling very good today because he got about 27 immunization shots yesterday (Okay, he got four, but it seemed to me like it was 27). He wants me to hold him and so I try to put the baby down which makes her cry more. So I put Daxton down to pick up the baby and he cries more. Repeat that a few million times. Arden has thankfully been pretty good, besides one incident involving the dumping of the formula container from my diaper bag out onto the carpet. There goes like $10 into the vacuum cleaner. My house is a mess. My yard is a bigger mess. Did I mention that the baby won’t stop crying? I knew there were going to be days like this, but it doesn’t make them any easier. I can’t help feeling a little overwhelmed and discouraged. How do all you wonderful moms out there get through days like this? So far today I am using Vanilla Coke Zero and chocolate cupcakes (yes, plural) as coping mechanisms, but it doesn't seem like a long-term solution.

On a happier note, I think I am falling in bag love again. Preston got me a new diaper bag for Mothers’ Day (with a little guidance from me). What a good husband I have!!


Well, there is no rest for the weary, Corbie wants a bottle again!

11 comments:

Brandice said...

Hang in there -- it gets better! I used to run the vacuum and hold one or the other, and often I would leave the hair dryer on hung over the towel rack. The "noise" seemed to soothe them for some reason. So what if I blew a fuse or two. Who cares about a power bill when you can finally get your baby to sleep! My thing used to be Zingers, but cupcakes work, too. good luck. :)

Tiffany said...

Sorry it's been a rough day, they do get better! Just make sure you keep a good stock of cupcakes in the meantime. :) If you ever need a hand, I'm not to far away. I really mean it! I'd be hapy to help out.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I'm so sad I didn't come by today, I didn't want to intrude with my puppy but I would have loved to hold Corbie or Dax. Please call me next time and I'm serious about taking a night shift.

Cheri said...

I agree with Brandice, find some sound she loves and go for it. For Bay it was the sound of the shower so our water bill was quite big for a couple of months but I didn't care. Hang in there!!

Chrystie said...

Things are going sooooo much better today. Dax is feeling good, and is back to his happy little self. And it turns out that the sound Corbie likes is the sound of Dax NOT crying.

Leslie said...

Yikes poor you but I agree with Brandice and Cheri, girl whatever works to keep the kiddies happy is worth it! As for sodas and cupcake whatever works to get you through it..is a must have.

Jess said...

Chrystie,
Can I take some of your kids for a couple of hours? I have MANY hands that would love to hold feed and play with your kids. I know how hard it is to do EVERYTHING while the husband is gone. Bre is VERY good and playing with kids and so is Brook. And Broxton....well he has this talent of holding a baby and they calm down pretty quick. And I can make sure they are all fine. Really, I can keep them all and it wont bother me a bit. I have Tiff family pics on sat around 4:00 but that is it.
Jess

Shauna Hardy said...

Oh Chrystie...I am so sorry you had a rough day...we all have them and usually cry to get through (at least I do and am pathetic for admitting it). I'd stick with the vanilla coke and anything chocolate.

Diane said...

I'm glad things are going better today. Hang in there. There are rough patches on the road of life, but the trip is usually worth it.

Jess said...

How sad is it that this is one of the only way we talk:( Yes I would still love to take your fams pictures. Question is.....when is preston home? Let me know what works for you and and can tell you if I can do it then. That is prob the best way to do it. And when do your mean "can you recommend anyone else"? SNIFF SNIFF OUCH! Jk...let me know what works for you and where you want them done.
Jess

Holly said...

Loved your recent comment Chrystie - I'm so glad to hear things are going better. Wish I could be there to help out. My advice would be to take up everyone on their offers to help out (a night shift? seriously? do it! Those kind of offers don't come around everyday - there really are people that love that kind of thing)