So…me and Corbie are here at home by ourselves. I have been looking forward to being able to give her all my attention for an entire evening, since I am usually spread so thin. But she is still napping. So seriously, what am I supposed to do? I should catch up on some work, but that doesn’t sound very fun, does it? I cleaned up a little, checked my email and my blog, updated my Facebook status….and they have been gone an entire half an hour.
I can’t believe I miss them already.
This is actually the first night Arden or Dax have slept away from me, and I can’t help but worry about them. What if they fall into the campfire? Or get lost in the wilderness? Or eaten by bears? Or mountain lions?? I have even tried to call them to make sure they found the campground ok, but they must be out of cell phone range.
How pathetic am I???
It is just weird to have it this quiet at 5:45 in the evening, when everything is usually so loud and hectic this time of day. I guess I need to pull myself together and try to remember what I used to do when I actually had free time. Hmmmmm.
I can’t remember.
Well, I guess I will wander off in search of some entertainment. But a post isn’t a post without a picture, right? So here is one I took of Dax yesterday.
He was "helping" Arden color chalk pictures on the sidewalk. And by "helping" I mean "trying to eat the chalk and smearing her pictures with his bum."
5 comments:
I know what you mean! Mike and Drew were gone, too, so I was home with Chloe, Juss, and Juss's boyfriend. We made cookies and watched movies, but it was still so noticeably quiet that I let Chloe sleep in my bed with me. That was a mistake --- she kicked me about 20 times! Sounds like the boys had fun, though. Dax's chalk bum picture is cute.
I think it's cute that Preston took Arden. I hope you enjoyed the quiet!
I think Fathers and sons outings can be so mean for the girls!
Thomas took Kaden...I got two crying girls not getting why they couldnt go.
I still dont know why.
I think they should call it Fathers and childrens camp out...or Moms apprecation night.
My girls were devistated.
Im glad Preston took Arden...it was seriously so sad to see Kinley crying when they left.
Good for Preston for taking Arden too...I agree that it should been a Father and children campout not just sons...they think that they're some fathers that don't have sons and what happen then? Anyway glad you got to enjoy a quiet night with your baby!
I like Alison's idea! Grace was heartbroken when she found out she couldn't go. She told me, "I want to be a boy when I grow up so I can go camping!" We've had a heck of a time convincing her that girls can go camping too just not to the fathers and sons campout. We've planned a few family trips this year and hopefully that will be good enough.
Post a Comment