- His binkie (a must), and a backup in case he loses the first one during the night.
- BOTH of his "blankies." He has two identical blankets. He loves them equally. We have two so that if I need to (heaven forbid) WASH one of them, he can still have the other one to hold. Tonight he HAD to have both, even though I was trying hard to only give him one of them in case we have any more....let's call them "incidents" tonight.
- His "Meow" - his Fur Real cat he got for Christmas. You would not BELIEVE how different this poor cat looks already. It has only been a month and a half since the cat came out of its package, and the poor thing is definitely the worse for wear. It is a calico, and the patches of fur that used to be white are now a dingy brownish-grey. Its fur is not so soft, and kind of stringy. But Dax only seems to love it more. To show his love, he dips the cat's face, feet, tail in his cereal, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, whatever. I guess he is sharing his food? He also had it in the car a couple of weeks ago and dropped it in a muddy gutter while getting out. And then last night...well, you get the idea. Since the cat is electronic (it meows, purrs, and moves its paws), I can't submerge it in water. I can't do anything but try to wipe the outside off as best I can with a little soap and a damp washcloth. I hear that thing meowing right now. If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to clean it, please let me know!!
- His Shaun the Sheep doll ("Baa").
- A HUGE stuffed panda. This is actually Arden's, but Dax has somehow claimed it as his own. He calls it "Nanda" or something close to that. It is bigger than he is, but he screamed when I tried to take it out of his crib so he could have more room.
- A sippy cup of water.
- And finally, a plastic bowl. You know, just in case. Actually, this is a comfort item for ME. It will probably serve no purpose no matter what the night brings. Dax does not aim. But somehow I feel better knowing it is there.
I was thinking of trying to sneak upstairs and take a picture of poor little Dax wedged in amongst all of his comfort items, but he is actually quiet now, so I better not risk it. Wish us luck tonight!
Since I don't have a picture of Dax, here are some pictures of Arden in an outfit that her Grandma Zaugg brought back from India for her:
I was trying to get her to strike a pose like a Bollywood dancer, but she wasn't quite getting it. :) Cute anyway.
6 comments:
Oh, Chrystie - that totally stinks. We had our first experiance with a puking child that was too young to "aim" back in December and it was miserable! I hope he gets feeling better real soon.
Do you think he'd notice if his cat suddenly showed up as good as new - maybe it's time for a replacement?
Wow, the things parents do to get your child to sleep is simply amazing, poor guy.
The Indian is super cute....love it!!!
Poor little guy. I think "incidents" with little one's is the worst because they don't understand at all. I hope he feels better. Jack sleeps with all sorts of stuff and when I climb up on the bunk bed to change the sheets I find all sorts of stuff. I actually remember sleeping with all sorts of crap. I grew out of it so maybe you have hope!
Poor Dax! Hope he's feeling better now. And Arden looks adorable in her dress.
Sick kids are a challenge. Hope it is getting better as the days go by. Very cute outfit Grandma Zaugg brought for Arden! Hang in there, and sleep when you can.
Who is this said character, Sean the Sheep? I must learn about this....
Post a Comment