Hope everyone had a great St. Paddy's Day! Last year we were a lot more festive and had lots of green food and Preston even made corned beef. However, this year Preston was out of town so all I could manage was putting the kids in green shirts this morning and these rainbow cupcakes:

I like them better than corned beef and cabbage anyway! The kids liked them too. Here is Arden showing that even though she is a big four-year-old, she can still get frosting all over her face on the first bite....and yes, I know her shirt is not green. She got jelly all over her green shirt at lunchtime and had to change. At least I got to pinch someone this way.

Daxton is too busy concentrating on the cupcake to give the camera a smile.

Corbie is more of a multitasker than her big brother. She can eat and smile at the same time:

It was such a nice day that we went to the park for a while to play. The only problem with going to the park in March is that after you have been at the park for 10 minutes, Arden will remember that she has to go to the bathroom, and the bathrooms at the park are locked until May. Bummer.
Daxton forgave her for cutting our park trip short:

Say it with me....aahhhhhh!
4 comments:
I love the rainbow cupcakes!! I think that is an excellent idea for St. Patrick's day. I basically just go through a bottle of green food coloring.
I totally forgot it was St Patrick's Day and sent Maddie to school with no green. Good thing a teacher had pity on her and gave her a green necklace! At least I had it figured out by 11:00 and Gracie didn't have to suffer the same punishment at Kindergarten.
Very colorful cake!! Makes me hungry.
OOh - you just reminded me of the fun chips cupcakes. Those are delish - here I come Smiths! :)
Post a Comment