Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Than Ready...

I am more than ready for spring to be here! Are you with me? It is sllloooooowwwwly getting warmer, but I am ready for 65 degrees now, please! Or better yet, 75! But right now I am trying to make the most of 50 degrees. We are all going a little stir-crazy after all these months of being cooped up inside, so a few days ago we took the kids to the park on a warmish day. It was a little chilly at first, but once the sun came out it felt amazing. Oh, how I have missed the sunshine on my skin.

The kids had a great time. The last time we went to the park, Corbie wasn't really big enough to enjoy much, but this time she had great fun. She went down the slides on my lap a few times and really liked it, but her absolute favorite thing was the swing. She loved to swing back:


And forth:
It was so fun to watch her giggling in the swing. Of course, Corbie had to reach that other all-important park milestone: Her first mouthful of sand! (sorry no pictures). Not as much fun as the swing.

Daxton had a great time too. Last fall he was still a little hesitant to play on the playground without me helping him, but he is totally ready to be his own independent self this spring. His current favorite thing is the slides:
Oh, he is so dang cute. He was soooo excited that he was big enough to climb up the stairs and go down the slide all by his big boy self. I am so proud of my little golden boy! He had a bit of a hard time remembering he had to climb up the stairs and not up the slide, but by the time we had to leave he had it figured out and was going up and down and up and down as fast as his little legs could go.


Arden was running around so fast that she was just a blur and I didn't seem to get any pictures of her. I am so excited to be in "park season" again! (The playland at Arctic Circle just wasn't going to cut it for very much longer.)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute! Your such a good mom! I love spring too, except for that summer proceeds it, and summer is hot, and you have to go to the park at 8:00 am, otherwise the slides burn.

Jessica O. said...

I also love Park Season. I just love the kids being able to play outdoors. Bring on the sun!

Julie Keddington said...

My tulips and daffodils are beginning to come up. That is surely a good sign, isn't it?

Unknown said...

that picture of Corbie is just pure joy!!