Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010

It was kind of a weird Easter this year. Good, but weird. I usually get the kids all dressed up for church and then take them outside and get some pictures of them by some nice spring flowers like I did last year. There were two things that prevented this from happening this year: 1) it was General Conference on Easter so we didn't go to church, and 2) it SNOWED. Again.

In my defense, I did start to make an effort and got Corbie all dressed up in a dress that Arden wore when she was Corbie's age. I got a few pictures of her, but within 5 minutes Daxton had slobbered Chocolate Easter Candy Slobber all over her skirt. After that, I kind of gave up on the "getting dressed up" idea. But, here are a couple of the pictures I took of Corbie for your enjoyment:



The kids had already done an Easter Egg hunt at the park the weekend before Easter, and another with the Zaugg family after that, so they were getting pretty good by the time the big day actually rolled around. The Easter bunny left some eggs INSIDE the house this year for the kids to find on Easter morning. Arden and Dax found them pretty quickly, and even Corbie found one or two.

And the sugar rush began!

I found out that it is verrrry difficult to hear much of conference with three sugared-up kids aged 4, 22 months and 11 months running/crawling around the house and trying to climb all over me. We tried to keep them occupied with coloring, play-doh, whatever "quiet" activities we could think of, but the noise level was pretty high all day. Oh well...what I heard was good and I am looking forward to reading the talks next month in the Ensign.

After conference we headed to my parents' house for dinner and the final Easter Egg hunt of the year. Luckily, the snow at my parents' house had all melted by the time we got there, so the kids got to have this egg hunt outside. I actually tried to get some pictures of this one, but my kids were such blazing fast egg hunters by now, all of my shots look like this:

(It couldn't be that I had my camera on the wrong setting...could it?). Here is Arden, distractedly showing off her loot:

And just in case anyone was wondering what "Chocolate Easter Candy Slobber" looks like, here it is:
Dax didn't want to slow down his candy consumption to model said slobber, but you get the idea. Yum.

All this talking about Easter candy has made me munchy. I think I will go and get a Cadbury Egg. Ahhh...Cadbury Eggs....they are a blessing and a curse.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cadbury Eggs, the Classic Happy Now - Sad Later.

Leslie said...

Good mom, you tried! But I agree, it's hard to listen to conference when your kids are on a sugar high!

Chris W. said...

The little dress is adorable! At least she got to wear it for a little while. We never hear too much of conference either. I'm always surprised when I read the talks because they have whole sections in them that I don't remember. =)

Megan said...

I'm pretending that this Sunday is Easter Sunday, and plan on taking Easter dress pictures then. We'll see what happens.

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh That Corbie in her little dress....so dang adorable! I think the two teeth sticking out add volumes to the cuteness, don't you?!