We had our Second Annual Memorial Day/Daxton's Birthday Party for our families a couple of weeks ago. This year we decided it might be fun to rent a bouncy house for the kids to play on. I was really worried that we wouldn't be able to find a place in our odd-shaped yard that was flat enough and big enough to put one, but luckily we were able to squeeze it in between our house and the rock wall (barely):

The kids (and a few adults) had a great time bouncing and sliding and bouncing. And bouncing some more. And then sliding. And bouncing.

Luckily everyone had a great time and the bouncy house didn't slide or roll down the hill...although I heard it nearly tipped over once when some of the bigger "kids" were bouncing. In between the bouncing and sliding we managed to squeeze in some food (hamburgers and hot dogs, of course):

Some present-opening, and (most importantly) cake and ice cream:

Then it was back to jumping. Our little birthday boy liked to jump, too. He was catching some pretty good air for a barely-2-year-old:

However, Dax wanted someone (me) to go down the slide with him, or at least help him get to the top. We went down quite a few times. I even took Corbie down the slide a few times and she LOVED IT. Then the kids were getting tired and decided that it was superfun to just sit down on the floor of the bouncy house and have ME jump up and down as hard as I could so that they could bounce without any effort. You can really burn a lot of calories in one of these things! Probably not as much calories as I consumed from the cake and ice cream....but oh well. I was pretty tired by the time we called it a night. Dax was so worn out that he snuck into the house and laid down to take a nap right on the carpet.

He is hugging his "replacement cat." I washed his old cat a little too vigorously a couple months back and it stopped meowing and moving, and he lost interest in it. I felt bad because he loved that thing so much, that I hunted down an exact replica and gave it to him at the party as a birthday present. He latched right on and picked up right where he left off. Isn't he cute?
Thanks everyone who could make it, we had a great time!
1 comment:
You are such a great mom to hunt down a replacement cat. Well done!
Post a Comment