Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter Gymnastics Show

(Doesn't she look grown up???)
.
Arden is still loving the gymnastics thing. She goes once a week for an hour. Sometime I use that time to run errands with the little kids, but I usually drag Corbie and Dax along for the ride. Luckily for us, they have a viewing area that is kind of enclosed and has some books that Dax and Cora can read while I watch Arden. Dax has found a dinosaur book there, so of course he is in heaven and looks forward to reading the book every week. The kids do pretty good unless some other kids Daxton's age show up in there too. Dax loves other kids....HOWEVER, he usually shows his love by running right up to them and roaring like a dinosaur in their faces. Then, if they smile at him or roar back, he sometimes shows his increasing affection for them by trying to wrestle them to the ground. Luckily, he only tackles other little boys, but most little boys still don't enjoy being tackled onto a tile floor by a dinosaur for some reason. Good thing he is so dang cute!

I am rambling...sorry. Back to what I meant to be posting about: Flips does "shows" twice a year, and Arden's winter show was this week. This is her first show in the "big gym," where she has got to show off her stuff on a real balance beam and real bars, etc. Preston is out of town again this week, and my wonderful parents came down to help me wrestle the little kids so I could record some of the show on video for him (THANK YOU!!)

Here is Arden (the little purple one) doing her "floor routine"
At the end of the show the kids all get to stand up on a podium three at a time and have everyone clap for them.
And then she got a CANDY CANE, which was her favorite part of the evening. (Arden loves candy canes so much she can't bear to eat them. She just saves them up in a paper stocking she made at preschool...it will be a sad day when one of the little kids gets their hands on her stash, which they are bound to do). Rambling again.....sorry. Great job, Arden!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She is a little cutie! Good Job Arden.

Ryan and Amber said...

I cannot even tell you how much I love gymnastics and the cute little muscle clad legs that come with it. She is SO stinkin' adorable in her little purple rhinestones! :)