Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Zaugg Mountain

So the big blizzard they were expecting last Tuesday was kind of a let-down. It snowed a little, but the huge white-out wind conditions never materialized up where we live. HOWEVER, it snowed a little bit on Sunday. Like a foot. Or two. Getting all of that snow off of our driveway created a LARGE mountain of snow next to the driveway. The kids wanted to climb it a few days ago. Here is Arden near the summit, and Cora giving up right after leaving base camp:
Arden is our sole summiteer! She conquered Zaugg Mountain!
The kids decided to go where the snow "wasn't as deep," meaning away from the huge piles around the driveway. So, we took a walk down the sidewalk a little, and then Arden went jumping through the snow like a little deer. Dax and Cora couldn't wait to follow. Unfortunately, the snow was still too deep for poor Daxton to move faster than a turtle's pace. His legs were just too short to lift up and over the snow, and he was pushing quite a big pile around after a few steps:
He kept falling over and just laying in the snow yelling "MOM! I FAW DOWN! COME GET ME!" until I would trudge over and pick him up and put him back on his feet:
The snow was almost as high as Corbie's shoulders. Poor Cora couldn't even figure out how to get off the sidewalk and on top of the snow so she could try to follow Dax and Arden. She was not happy:
I know I said that we liked to play in the snow, but this is a little much.
Also, I am almost ready to order my Christmas Cards (see post below....what this girl won't do for some free stuff). If you want to get one, be sure to leave me a comment and I will make sure you are on my list!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Snow....it been snowing here for 5 days straight...finally it's over...the last photo is priceless!!!

Diane said...

The picture of Cora crying made me laugh. How un-sensitive of me! But I know she would not like not doing what the others are doing.

Ryan and Amber said...

OK - You totally get kudos for playing in the SNOW! We did not get that much - of course, hard to tell with the winds down here in HIGHWIND. You are one brave cookie!