Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Laundry Day is a Sad, Sad, Day

This is the routine we go through every Monday, which is the dreaded day of laundry at my house. I try to sneak Corbie's favorite fuzzy purple blankie into the washing machine without her noticing. More often than not, her "blankie sixth sense" brings her running and she catches me in the act. This is what follows:

Stage 1: Anger. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE WASHING MY BLANKIE! YOU ARE A CRUEL, CRUEL WOMAN! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?!? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!!"
Phase 2: Waiting. "Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?"
Phase 3: Grudging Thanks: "Yes, Mom, my blankie is soft, clean, warm and smells like a spring breeze. But if you think I am ever going to let you near it again, you are out of your mind."

See you next week, blankie.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

This is so FUNNY!!!!

Ryan and Amber said...

Girl - You need doubles - or triples. Didn't you teach me about that? Amazon.com - here you come! :)

Chrystie said...

I have duplicates for Dax and Arden, but Cora only decided this blanket was her favorite in the past few months, and I can't find another one ANYWHERE!!!

Diane said...

Hilarious. How smart of you to capture the everyday stuff no one will remember in a couple of years.

Kati said...

Cute!! I love her facial expressions!!