Monday, March 7, 2011

The Lip Gloss Incident

Soooooo pretty!
.
Preston brought this to me the other day. I had been upstairs putting Dax in his jammies, and Preston was downstairs with the girls. Cora waited until Preston was busy helping Arden sound out some words, and she softly snuck off to the kitchen. She climed up on a chair, then from the chair to the desk. She then stood up on the desk and reached up and grabbed a little tub of my lip gloss off a shelf.

When Preston found her, she smiled at him and laughed like she knew she just looked soooooo beautiful in her lip gloss. He sternly told her "NO! NO!," and you can tell from the picture above that she feels really bad about what she has done. Little stinker :-)

She was a little more contrite after a time-out, but I think I will have to find a new hiding place for my lip gloss just in case.

4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

I love that there is a good couple of extra centimeters of the sticky stuff on her little fingers. I was wiping up finger prints from door jams just today and wondering about the deep meaning of life. LOL

Val said...

That's what you get for having such smart (and adorable) kids.

Holly said...

Are you serious!?! Are you sure you aren't planting these things everywhere for the sake of great stories and pictures? Your kiddos crack me up!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Miss Arden - I love that you posted her baby picture - she looks so much the same (but a much more grown up version).

Leslie said...

This is so funny!!!!