Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cora singing

I think I mentioned in an earlier post how the kids sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" at my Grandpa's funeral.  I only had a few days to teach it to them, so we sang it a LOT.  They still sing it a lot.  I love it.  Cora often sings herself to sleep at nap time, and it is so fun to listen to her over the baby monitor.  One day a couple weeks ago I made her sing it for the camera after nap time was over.  She was a little intimidated by the camcorder so i had to help her in a couple of parts, but she really can sing it by herself (though sometimes she sings the very last line about 10 or 12 times too many):

So cute!  And soooo bad!  And so bad it is cute!  But it's the thought that counts, right?

Daxton's preschool teacher (who is also our primary chorister) told me how Dax was singing it at preschool playtime the other day and how she thought it was so sweet.  I love it.  I especially love the part when they sing, "I always want to be with my own fama-wee!" because I DO always want to me with my own fama-wee!! (except when I need a break sometimes on a Saturday night).  I am so glad that families really can be together forever.

Even if they really can't carry a tune.

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

That is adorable Chrystie!

Holly said...

I love that you posted this video - it made me smile! I can't believe how much she has grown since we last saw her.

And your post about Arden... not sure what else to say but Good Luck-uh!

Elona R said...

That was SO cute! I love hearing little kids sing :) And as for carrying a tune, well, she's got the idea. If she keeps practicing (and it sounds like she does) I'm betting she'll be quite a good singer. :D