Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011!

Well, Halloween 2011 is in the books, and it was a GREAT one. The weather was perfect, the kids all had a great time, and now we are ROLLING in the candy.

First of all, here are the all-important costumes. Arden was Rapunzel from Tangled, of course. She actually did get a wig with her costume, but it was so messy and tangled (no pun intended) that I told her she should just use her real hair, which was only a teeny bit shorter than the wig anyway. Luckily, she agreed pretty easily, so here is my pretty blond princess: Cora pulled double duty costumes this year. Here is her nice, warm, Trick-or-Treat costume. In case you can't tell, she is a cupcake with a cherry on top. I just want to eat her!
Can anyone guess what Dax wanted to be? Anyone? Shockingly, he wanted to be a T-Rex. Here he is! He didn't like to have his hood on, but you get the idea:
I took about 10 pictures of all three kids, hoping that one would turn out with all three of them looking at the camera and smiling. No such luck. Here is two out of three, which is the best I could do. I am not sure what Corbie is doing...smiling really hard? Oh well.
Preston kind of slacked out in the costume department this year. Here he is, wearing his "I'm Evil" shirt, which he said WAS his costume. And Cora is wearing her "other" costume, which is Tinkerbell. She really wanted to be Tinkerbell using Arden's costume from a couple years ago, so she wore this costume to the Zaugg family party and to Preston's work party.  She makes an adorable Tinkerbell, but that costume isn't warm enough for trick-or-treats, and it is hard to put a jacket on over those wings:
This year, I was Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas:
Here is a picture Arden took of me and the little kids. I LoVe HaLlOwEeN!
After we got back from Preston's work party, where we ate pizza and donuts and got a head start on the candy, Dax and Cora took a nap (sort of).  After that we were off trunk-or-treating over at the church parking lot. Preston feels STRONGLY that old fashioned, real life, door-to-door trick-or-treating is an essential part of the Halloween experience, so even though we had TONS of candy from trunk-or-treats, Preston took the kids around trick-or-treating too.

Arden asked me why Dad is always the one who takes them trick-or-treating.  The truth is, Preston has been looking forward to these golden Trick-or-Treating years for a long time.  During those Halloweens before Arden finally came into our lives, Preston would dream about the Halloweens to come when he would finally get to be a dad and take the kids around trick-or-treating.  He loves doing it, and I don't mind staying at home and watching not-too-scary movies in the temporary peace and quiet.  This year was perfect for trick-or-treating.  Clear skies, a crescent moon, and nice warm weather.  The kids didn't have to wear their coats over their costumes or anything!  It was awesome.

While the trick-or-treaters were out gathering candy, I took a picture of our 2011 Zaugg family pumpkins:
Preston's is the big smiley one, and mine is the white ghost one. Daxton, predictably, wanted a dinosaur (specifically, T-Rex) face on his pumpkin, but I wasn't quite sure how to do that, but I did my best. Cora wanted a spooky little pumpkin, and Arden drew the smiley face for her pumpkin herself.  

Cora had a hard time understanding why we couldn't go trick-or-treating again tonight.

Can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

Elona R said...

She could come to my house & trick-or-treat again :) I still have candy & goodies left.

The Zaugg family said...

looks like you had a great halloween. cute cute kiddos!

Ryan and Amber said...

You look stunning, my dear! And I personally saw the cupcake costume on my doorstep and nearly cried it was so dang cute! :)