Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Confusion


We are busy getting ready for Christmas around here. I still have some shopping left to do, but I am getting closer. We are doing our best to try and make sure the kids understand that Christmas isn't all about presents. Tonight for FHE we were trying to get the kids to watch part of the Christmas devotional from Sunday. If you saw it, you know they had a video depicting the birth of Jesus. They were showing the part where Mary and Joseph are travelling to Bethlehem. Dax was sitting on my lap, and I said something like, "Look, Dax! There is baby Jesus' mother riding on the donkey." Dax said, "Where is baby Jesus?" I said, "He is in her tummy." He turned around and looked at me with concern on his face and sweetly asked, "Did she eat baby Jesus???"
We have also been going through our toys and deciding which ones to donate to a toy drive. Arden was at school, so Dax and Cora were helping me decide which toys to choose. They were both so generous, and Dax even tried to give his favorite stuffed T-rex. I explained that we should just give the toys that were still in good shape that we didn't play with very much anymore. Cora sweetly offered up an armful of Arden's toys, saying that "I don't pway with these any-mo!" So nice of her! :-)

What traditions do you have at your house so that your kids don't get too caught up in the presents!presents!Santa!presents! aspect of Christmas?

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

"Did she eat him?" Classic - so glad you blog about these things so we can all laugh!

Diane said...

It will come. You guys used to go Christmas caroling, and people would give you money. Then you would want to go to the Credit Union and put it in their charity container. Such sweet kids!