Snow finally showed up at our house last weekend!! We had one big snowfall back in November, but we have hardly seen a flake for weeks and weeks and weeks. The kids (and us) were more than ready to get outside and play in the snow. First, the kids tried out the snowball makers they got for Christmas while Preston and I shoveled (or at least tried to shovel) the driveway. The kids kept getting mad at me for shoveling up the snow they were using to make snowballs. (Have you ever tried to shovel a driveway with three little kids running under your feet trying to pelt you with snowballs? It should be an Olympic event with extra points given if you can complete the task without shoveling any of the kids.) Anyway...the snowball makers - even Cora could get hers to work pretty good, but Dax was the king of the snowballs! He has pretty good aim, too, so watch out!
Next, it was time for sledding. We only have two sleds, and they are built for little kids. Cora is still a little too small to go by herself, so Preston and I sacrifice ourselves and go down the hill with her on our laps. Sometimes Preston even takes a turn all by himself...you know, just to show the kids how it is done. Purely for educational purposes. Corbie was getting really brave the other day and would climb on the sled behind Daxton and hold onto him while they went down the hill (I wish I had a picture!). Such cute little twibs. But here is Cora and Daddy, off and sledding:
My turn! Cora is helping us go faster by pulling us along while I push.
Arden is a brave solo rider, and gets going pretty fast! Dax was still too busy throwing snowballs to get much sledding in, so that is why there are no pictures of the boy on a sled.And finally, it was snowman time! (Isn't this the cutest picture? Roll that snowball, Corbiecakes!)
The snow didn't stick together very well, so it took us a really long time, but we manged to put together a snowman big enough to finally try out the snowman kit we got for Christmas. Here is "Frosty" (as named by the kids...original, huh?) surrounded by his creators, including a neighbor who came over to help:
When we were putting the snowman's pipe in his mouth, Dax asked, "Mom, what is dis?" Um, hmmmmm. I didn't have an answer, so I just threw a snowball at him and distracted him. I think the pipe is so cute on the snowman, but maybe I will tell him that the snowman blows bubbles out of it or something.
Now, a few days later, the snow is about half melted, and there is not another storm in sight. But we enjoyed the snow while it lasted.
I am going to be seriously displeased if all the snow that was supposed to fall in December and January falls in April and May.





1 comment:
We didn't have as much fun in our snow as you did in yours.
Post a Comment