I haven't finished sorting through the literally hundreds of pictures I took on our trip, so I am going to do a quick post about Easter instead. Easter was just a couple days before we left on our trip, and I guess I was so busy getting everything ready to go I didn't really take very many pictures. Despite the lack of photographic evidence, we had a wonderful Easter.
Our Easter celebrations kicked off with the Zaugg family party. Preston's awesome sister put it all together, and my favorite moment of the party was when Daxton "won" a prize, consisting of a bug collecting kit from the dollar store. Dax's eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning, he was so excited. (I thought it was hilarious because a few days before this Dax was screaming like a little girl because there was a fruit fly in the back seat of the SUV with him and I was driving down the freeway and couldn't come and squish it.) Dax and his sisters have actually caught several bugs and put them in the bug house, which Preston and I dubbed "the House of Death" last night after Preston dumped out a crop of deceased potato bugs. But back to Easter...
There was an Easter egg hunt at the Zaugg party, and the kids got a bunch of candy. Then we went to the neighborhood egg hunt on Saturday, where we had even more candy (and donuts and cinnamon rolls). We were pretty much rolling in the candy by this point, and so the Easter bunny only brought a few pieces in the kids' Easter baskets, but he brought something else to make up for it. Bunnies!
But they really hop! And they are so cute! We are getting to have quite a crew of fake animals at our house. We have Dax's fake cat, Cora's fake dog, some fake hamsters, and now some bunnies. I don't know how much longer the kids will be satisfied with their fake menagerie, but I plan to milk it as long as I can.
We have early church, but I made the kids run outside for some quick Easter pictures before we walked over. I got some okay ones, but it took much longer than I thought and we were a little late...but that is pretty much standard for us. Here is all three kids and their bunnies!
My beautiful Arden. Doesn't she look grown up with her hair down like that?
Cute little Cora, who was less than a week from her 3rd birthday:
And last but not least, Dax-man. This kid has NO shortage of personality.
At church all the kids learned about Easter and got some more treats. We had a special FHE lesson on Monday and several talks throughout the week to try and teach the kids that Easter isn't all about candy, but that Easter is really about the resurrection of the Savior. I am hoping that between all of that and the awesome teachers the kids have at church, something got through the egg/bunny/candy haze.
After church, we went over to my mom's for dinner and (you guessed it) another egg hunt. This one I got to join in :-) I scored quite a few Cadbury creme eggs, which didn't exactly fit in with my pre-beach eating plans, but oh well. Easter only comes once a year!



1 comment:
The house of death. Ha ha ha. Love it. Mostly I am jealous of your now annual beach vacays. How wise are you to instigate that tradition?,
Post a Comment