Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Early Summer Adventures

I can't seem to keep up with my blogging, so I am just going to do a great big picture post to catch up and call it good.  Here are some of the stuff we have been up to so far this summer. 

First off, BASEBALL!  We went to our first Bees game a couple weeks ago.  We ate hot dogs, we ate cinnamon almonds, and we watched a little baseball in between.  The Bees were losing when we left, but that is okay.  We don't worry.  We just like to see the boys hit it deep.  

Daxton even brought his little tiger along to watch the game. 
The kids had their summer gymnastics "shows" too.  I took a lot of video, but video doesn't print in my blog book, so you will have to make do with these pictures.  Arden is getting really good!  Dax and Cora....have a good time :-)


After that we took a trip to Mars!  Here are Dax and Cora taking a walk on the Martian surface:

On the way back, we did some moonwalking.  Cora seemed to be having some issues with the gravity:
Had you fooled, huh!  Okay, so we were at the planetarium.  We watched a movie on the dome theater that made us feel like we were flying through space.  Dax and Arden liked it, but Cora was worried.  She thought we had really left planet Earth and kept saying, "I wanna fwy back now!" So cute.

Here is Arden, posing my her favorite planet, Saturn (she likes the rings).
We took the waverunners for the first time this year last weekend.  We went out to Willard and had a great time with family, eating food and playing in the sand and waiting for a turn on the water.  It was a really pretty day.  The kids still don't like to go too fast.  Arden and Dax were especially cautious, probably because it has been so long since last summer.  They didn't want to go very fast.  Cora was the speed demon among the three.  Here are me and Dax coming back from a short ride:
 Here is Arden on the beach, hamming it up wearing a hat she stole from her Grandma:
Sometimes I wonder why we live on the hill.  It is hard pulling all the weeds out of our rock walls, trying to teach the kids to ride bikes in our little driveway because it is the only flat place around, not being able to play ball in the front yard without the balls rolling away down the hill....but then I remember why I love it up here:
Ahhhhh.

We have been playing at the park a lot lately.  We have weekly park play dates with all the kids in the neighborhood, and the kids have also been taking arts and crafts classes at a park near our house.  After the classes are over, I usually let the kids play on the playground for a while before we head home. 

This year, Cora has decided that she might be getting too big for the baby swing, and wants to be graduated to a big girl swing:
 Arden is an expert swinger!  She can swing to the sky, all by herself.
Have I told you how much I love summer?  I love all these long, sunny, warm days, one after the other (although my lawn could use some rain).  I love lounging around in the mornings with the kids and not worrying about getting to kindergarten or preschool or anything.  We are enjoying our summer so far, and looking forward to lots more summertime fun. 

With that, I am calling myself caught up. 

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

I am a sucker for little gymnast pictures soooo cute and congrats on getting out the water craft. Sadly the boat has yet to make it in the water. What is that?

Diane said...

I agree. Blogging is hard. But I so enjoy reading yours.